Chapter Sixty Two.

ROSALIE'S POV

My heels tap impatiently on the cement below my feet as I stand in the chilly November air. People pass by me in a hurry as they attempt to get indoors to warm up while I wait outside like a confused child, not knowing if I'm ready to go up or not yet.

When I do make my decision to press the buzzer and give up on wagering my mental battle, I stand back from the door and chew my lip in worry. My hands are full with a bottle of wine while my body shakes from the low temperatures as I wait for Dev to buzz me into his apartment.

When he finally does, I race inside and stand still in the elevator that carries me up to his floor.

"I was worried something happened. You're late." Dev greets me with a warm hug and a sweet kiss to my forehead.

"Sorry. I got out of work a little late." I mumble back, nuzzling myself into his chest. His familiar smell invades my nose while his strong arms secure themselves around my waist in the doorway of his apartment.

"It's okay. I'm glad you're here. What'd you bring?" He leans back to look down at the bottle of wine between us, then back at me again. His finger curls under my chin to angle my head up towards his and we both crack a small smile while looking at each other.

"We should go in..." I glance over my shoulder at the empty hallway, then back up at Dev with an amused smile. He chuckles along with me and steps us both into the apartment, allowing the heavy door to slam shut behind us.

"You're not going to believe this, but I cooked us dinner, and it tastes good." He says teasingly as we pace into the warm apartment. He has two placemats set at the countertop with two wine glasses, two sets of silverware, and one tall lit candle in the middle. As I stare at the setup, my guilty heart grows heavier.

"What'd you make?" I ask back. He leaves my side to go stand in the kitchen while I set the wine down and strip off my coat from my body.

"My moms curry recipe. It's not quite as good as good as it is when she makes it, but I think you'll like it." He smiles proudly as he glances over at me, then turns back to begin dishing up the food onto two plates.

As he prepares his dinner for us I work to open the bottle of wine that I brought. I have a feeling I'll need more than one glass if I plan to break up with him over this sweetly romantic meal he's prepared for us.

"I forgot to ask about your day. Was it busy at the shop?" Dev asks once he finished putting the food onto plates. He walks over to where I'm sitting and sweetly kisses my temple before setting down our dinner in front of us.

"Yeah, Monday's are surprisingly busy. How was your day?" I pick up my fork and cross my legs under the counter before glancing back over at Dev. He's chewing a bite of rice and smiling fondly at me.

"It was better than I expected for it to be. Harry was in an unusually good mood. I think he got laid." Dev chuckles in amusement while I have to stop myself from choking too hard on my food.

"Shit, are you okay? I was just joking, baby." Dev rubs my back while laughing even harder at his own joke. It would have been amusing if it hadn't been true, and if I hadn't been the one that Harry got laid by.

"I know, you just caught me off guard. This is kind of spicy too." I stand from the chair to get myself a glass of water and Dev sits silently as I gulp down the liquid to soothe my burning throat.

"I should have warned you it was spicy. I thought you liked spicy food, though." He scoots out my barstool for me when I move back over to him.

"I do. Just not when I'm attempting to swallow it while on the topic of my husband getting laid." I answer back sarcastically. Dev picks around his food with his fork for a moment, then looks up at me again.