Chapter Thirteen.

HARRY'S POV

A loud sigh of annoyance blows through my lips as I look over at the empty space beside me in bed. It's nearly two in the morning and Rosie is still awake-- which is completely unlike her. Even when we were twenty years old she was falling asleep before ten every night.

My ears picked up on everyone returning inside from the back patio nearly an hour ago. The bedroom door down the hallway closed minutes after and hasn't opened again, leading me to think that everyone's in bed and that Rosie's avoiding me.

"Fuck," my voice comes out low and exasperated.

Without second thought, I move up from my spot and out of the bed. Rosie hasn't even come back to get dry clothes to wear after going in the hot tub, and the thought has me reaching for a blanket to take to her while considering how cold she must be walking around in a wet swimsuit.

Why can't we just grow up and talk out our little argument? I shouldn't have snapped at her but she also shouldn't have pushed me away when I tried to apologize earlier.

After stepping out of the room, I make it a point to step silently across the floors and towards the kitchen. All the lights in the flat are off besides the tv in the living room.

As I walk further into the open area, my eyes fall on Andrew laying on the couch with his eyes glued to some show on the tv. Laying directly beside him is Rosie, but she doesn't look quite at content as him.

"Hey, man." He greets in a whisper when he notices my presence. I nod back at him in acknowledgement, then look back down at Rosie. She's still dressed in only her two-piece swimsuit with a damp towel covering her arms. I gently pull the towel away from her and drop it carelessly to the floor, then wrap the blanket I brought from the room around her instead.

"I was going to take her to bed but I wasn't sure if it'd be weird to walk into your room like that." Andrew continues to whisper as I wrap the blanket tightly around Rosie's freezing body. Her skin feels ice-cold to the touch and I almost want to curse out her brother for letting her fall asleep half naked in a wet swimsuit in the middle of February.

"It's fine." I respond in a slightly clipped tone. He nods once, then turns to look back up at the tv.

"Rosie, I'm going to take you to bed, baby. Hold on." I say softly against her ear while slipping my arms under her body. She groans as I lift her up bridal style, but even in her sleepy state, she manages to cuddle against my chest and link her arms around my neck.

"Harry," she whispers back. I grunt as I attempt to flip the blanket over her body without dropping her, but the task seems impossible. I just want to get her to bed and warm her up before she can get any colder.

"I've got you, babe." I murmur softly. Andy offers me a small nod as I step away, which I don't return. Letting Rosie fall asleep on the couch in just her bathing suit was irresponsible of them both, but as her older brother, he should have woken her up and sent her to bed.

"Where are we going?" She speaks again once we're in the hallway. She manages to lift her head and look around, but seconds later she collapses onto my chest again.

Without bothering to explain, I carry her swiftly into the bedroom and shut the door behind us by kicking it with my foot.

"'M so cold." She sighs quietly and collapses onto the mattress the second I lay her down in her spot.

"I know you are." I purse my lips and glance down at her, then back over at the closet.

"Hold on, baby." I step quickly over to the closet and carelessly pull one of my jumpers off of the hanger to take back to her, along with a pair of thick sweats.