Chapter Nine.

ROSALIE'S POV

My annoyance towards Harry had been rising throughout dinner and was nearly at it's breaking point. He was sweet to me in the car and held me while I cried, but the second we actually got into the restaurant his phone was back in his face and he barely spoke three words throughout the entire meal.

After making the short drive back home, Harry parks the car in the underground parking garage and is up and out before I even have my seatbelt unbuckled. I suppose all this talk about us buying a second home somewhere else to go visit on vacation and him joking around about us sleeping together in the back of the car shouldn't have got me as hopeful as it did.

We used to tease each other about that kind of stuff when we were younger, and typically, we ended up sleeping together in some mysterious place where we were barely concealed from the public, or actually going through with the drastic decision to purchase another vacation home after only discussing it once or twice. Back then, neither of us really cared if we got caught or if we somehow caused some future consequences for ourselves financially. All that mattered was each other.

Once we're back upstairs and in the apartment, Harry heads off to the bathroom while I take my time undoing the buttons on my coat and the straps on my shoes.

After another few minutes of wandering around to tidy up in the kitchen and living room, I head back down the hall to our bedroom, but catch a glimpse of Harry in his home-office on my way. The sight of him stops me from walking any further and I stay silent while peeking through the door to observe him.

As I observe the sight of his worried expression, my own worry becomes prominent. His brows are deeply furrowed and his lips are pressed into a hard line as he types something out on his computer.

My own lips fall into a frown, and for a moment, I find myself wishing we did have a vacation home somewhere in another country that we could just escape to for the week when he's stressed out at work and when I just need some time away from the chaos of running the shop and worrying about my sick mother.

"Baby?" I call out, making the quick decision to knock quietly on the door and step inside. Over the years I've discovered using pet names on him is the quickest way to take the edge off of whatever mood he's in. He doesn't look up at me from his computer, but instead, raises an acknowledging eyebrow.

"When are you coming to bed?" I step into the intimidating office and move towards his desk to lean against the side.

"In a bit. I've got to deal with some work stuff right now." He responds emotionlessly. I reach forward and brush some hair away from his face, then take another step towards him.

"Okay, well don't be in here too late. It's the weekend." I stupidly remind him as if he doesn't know already. I always feel slightly nervous around him when he's in CEO mode. He gets irritable and short, especially with me.

"Sadly the company doesn't just go away because it's Saturday." He responds rudely. I roll my eyes to myself, then turn to walk out of the office. His hand catches my wrist before I can turn away and I look back at him in surprise.

"Come give me a kiss. You'll probably be asleep within the next ten minutes so we might as well say goodnight now." He murmurs softly, his mood suddenly changed. I step back towards him and suppress my smile while leaning down to kiss his lips. His mouth tastes faintly of the chicken he had for dinner and the expensive wine we drank together. Matching the two tastes with the average taste of his lips makes my brain feel fuzzy.

"Can't you just deal with work in the morning and come to bed now?" I continue to press on, suddenly feeling needy to continue kissing him. The chances of him getting annoyed at me for asking him to stop working just so that we can lay in bed together are quite high, but I don't mind for once.