Chapter Twenty Eight.

A/N: I'm not gonna write a flashback this chapter because I was only gonna go in order up to their wedding in flashbacks then start doing them randomly rather than in order of years/days/months. So flashbacks will start again in the chapter after his chapter and the next chapter.

HARRY'S POV

Around eight-thirty, I hear the all too familiar sound of soft snores leaving Rosie's mouth. She's tucked into the bed with the blankets tucked up to her chin and her laptop still resting beside her on the mattress.

Slight worry arises in my mind about her rolling over onto her computer and breaking the expensive piece of technology, but I quickly brush it off and find myself pacing over to her to remove the laptop so that she doesn't hurt herself if she does roll over onto it. I've noticed myself becoming selfish lately, and I don't like it. Rosie's safety used to be my every thought now I find myself more worried about things like having to replace her laptop if she breaks it. Today when I walked into the bathroom and saw her on her phone in the tub, I was pissed that she was risking dropping it into water rather than the device falling in and shocking her.

I manage to sneakily pull the headphones from her ears and detach them from her laptop without waking her. Wrapping the cord up, I place the headphones back into her purse, then reach for her laptop. The sight of the video on the screen stops me.

Our wedding video.

I had noticed she was crying earlier, but I figured she was just mourning our fight by watching some emotional romance movie to make herself more upset. Why would she have been crying over our wedding video, though? Our fight was minor. It shouldn't have messed with her feelings that much.

Without thinking too much of it, I close her laptop and set it back in her suitcase, then move back to the bed. She still doesn't stir when I sit down beside her, or when I tuck the blanket in tighter around her body.

"Hey, baby," I murmur softly while leaning down to her. My lips press gently against her forehead, then I lean back to look at her again. Her eyelids flutter quickly, but she doesn't wake up.

I can't believe we've spent practically the entire day arguing. I'm so fucking over having this shitty relationship with her. We need to go on some romantic retreat or something and get ourselves back in check, because I'm only going to live like this for so long. The last time that this happened is when the whole Eva scenario began, then when it ended I was responsible for treating Rosie like a goddamn queen to make everything that I had done seem less terrible. I don't think she ever fully forgave me like she claimed she did-- that's probably the only explanation to whatever is going on with us now.

"Rosie, wake up." I nudge her again. She breathes in sharply, then slowly opens her eyes. There's dried tear tracks on her cheeks and the sight makes me frown, especially because I know she had been trying to hide it from me the whole time she was crying.

"What? What's wrong?" She asks worriedly, her voice still groggy. I chuckle softly while leaning down to kiss her forehead again.

"Nothing's wrong. You fell asleep without dinner, though. I think you should at least have a snack before you go down for the night." I nudge my nose against hers, but she pushes me away.

"Stop. I'm sleepy." She whispers in rejection while pushing her hands against my chest. I lean up a little bit, but still keep us close together. Today has been shit. We both know it. If I wasn't worried about her not eating, I'd probably be crawling into bed beside her so that everything that's happened today can disappear and we can wake up tomorrow with a fresh start.

"Will you please eat something? I have some of my dinner left if you want. I saved a bit for you."

"I don't want to eat." She rolls over onto her side, but luckily not so that her back is facing me. My hand moves out to sift my fingers through her hair, which she reacts to by moving to lay her head in my lap.