Chapter Eleven.

HARRY'S POV

"I'm cold," Rosie complains quietly, pacing over to me with her arms hugged tightly around her own torso. She steps over her brothers outstretched feet and over to me, then giggles when she nearly trips into my arms. I catch her in my lap and she continues to laugh, which then makes me laugh.

"Why don't we work on warming you up instead of breaking bones, yeah?" I tease back. She looks up at me from where she's fallen in my arms and nods, then sits up to press her back against my chest. I link my arms tightly around her waist and pull her body closer to mine, then rub my hands up and down her goosebump covered arm.

"Rosie, you can borrow my jacket if you want." Camellia offers from across the room, looking up at us from where she's relaxed into a chair with Aiden fast asleep in her arms. Rosie only shakes her head back and relaxes further against my body.

Aiden- the lively four year old- made an appearance at the hospital this afternoon with his nanny, spoke with Jane for a few hours about random things, brightened the mood, then passed out in Camellia's arms. Each time Jane and Aiden would interact with each other I noticed Rosie watching them closely with sad eyes.

I wasn't sure if it was because her mum was in the hospital and Aiden was so happy to see her- despite the situation- or if it was the typical inner battle she was always wagering with herself while watching Camellia live out her dream life. Rosie's wanted kids since the day we got married and I know that she loves Aiden to death, but every time he's around it seems to be a painful reminder that her sister gets to experience that bit of life that she won't.

"Rosie," I say softly, pulling myself from my own thoughts.

"Hmm?" She turns her head down towards me and I silently pucker my lips back to her. She leans down to press a gentle kiss to my lips, then pulls away to look back at her family. Our exchange manages to go unnoticed by everyone in the room-- besides Jane. She watches us with a happy smile and pretends to not have been looking when I look over at her. I ignore her look and glance up at Rosie again who now isn't paying attention to me.

After another moment of listening to the conversation flowing effortlessly through the room, I glance over at Jane again, then up at Rosie for the millionth time. Jane is suddenly intrigued with something Eli is going on about and I take the opportunity to speak with Rosie again.

"Baby," I say softly, nudging my nose against her shoulder before nipping my teeth playfully at the soft fabric of her shirt. She looks back at me with a confused smile and giggles a bit, but doesn't say anything.

"Rosiiiee," I continue pressing on, making her giggle again. She doesn't turn back to look at me this time, but I feel her hand move down from her side to pinch my hip. I pinch her hip directly after, which she then returns for a second time.

When I look up away from her again, I notice Jane's gaze trained back on us for the millionth time since we arrived this morning. Since the day Rosie introduced me to her parents her mum had always had some strange fascination with mine and Rosie's interactions together. It's endearing and clearly a good-natured curiosity, but it has always made me feel unnecessarily nervous.

"Come to the bathroom with me." I mumble softly against Rosie's ear, suddenly itching to get out of the crowded room. Between her mum watching our every move and her brothers giving me a warning glare any time I touch her somewhere besides her hands- I need a moment away to take a breather.

"You can't go alone?" She whispers back, finally looking down at me.

"Nope." I smile back up at her. Her own lips quark up into a sweet smile in return, then she's up off my lap seconds later.