Chapter Fifty Seven.

ROSALIE'S POV

I stand off to the side with my hands clasped, waiting for the perfect moment to enter the crowd. It doesn't seem like it will come as I wait impatiently to the side, staring at the handsome man sitting in the middle of the row of chairs towards the back.

The second I spotted him in the crowd I was immediately relieved by seeing he was alone and didn't take my advice on finding another plus one to fill in for me. I half expected for him to not even be here since I wasn't going to attend with him, but my lucky stars were with me when I spoke to the woman at the front gate with the guest list that had confirmed he had checked in.

So after convincing the woman that I was his wife and that I was just running late to the wedding, I somehow got admittance, then spend ten minutes standing at the back and searching the crowd until I saw his curly mess of hair.

Now as the loud symphony-like music begins to announce the brides appearance at the beginning of the isle, I take the split second of distraction when the crowd stands and turns towards her to make my way through the row of chairs.

When his head is turned towards the middle of the rows and the bride is seconds from passing our isle, I grab his hand from his side and smile happily, pleased with my own surprise.

"Rosie?" He asks in a low voice, his eyes wide and his lips parted.

"Hi, babe." I happily smile up at him. He stares at me for a few more moments in confusion, then his lips split into a grin larger than I had anticipated on the entire taxi ride to the wedding.

"Holy shit, I can't believe you came. Thank you so much, baby. You have no idea how much this means to me." He dips down and wraps his arms tightly around my waist while nuzzling his face into my neck. My eyes widen in surprise from his sudden embrace and I feel a bit unappeased by the action, but hide it well. I came here to make him happy and if being happy means I have to hug him for a minute, then so be it.

"Yeah yeah, don't get all cheesy on me now. It's too early in the day." I tease back, wrapping my arms around him for a split second to at least somewhat return the embrace.

When the music suddenly ceases to indicate that the bride is at the alter, Harry and I quickly detach from our hug and sit down in the seats. He's still smiling widely as he looks up at the alter, then back over at me.

"I'm so happy right now, Rosie. Thank you so much for changing your mind." Harry leans over to whisper lowly to me as the priest at the front begins speaking. I glance over at him and try to look away just as quickly, but I can't. He really does look as happy as can be just from me doing something as simple and changing my mind on showing up to someone's wedding with him.

"It's really not that big of a deal." I attempt to assure back.

"It is though, Rosie. You went out of your way to leave work and get all dressed up to come hang out with me. You look so pretty, by the way." He leans over to kiss my temple happily, then sits back in his seat and places his hand on my bare thigh.

"Thanks." I manage to smile back.

My eyes move down to stare at his hand on my leg and I inhale deeply. Him touching me doesn't give me the same butterflies in my stomach that it used to. Having Dev hold me earlier was the comfort I needed after spending a night with Harry and not knowing if I had it in me to enjoy myself or not.

What have I become? This man has devoted so many years to me and still goes out of his way to try and make happy while I sit next to him and contemplate whether I'm okay with him touching my leg or not.