Chapter Twenty Seven.

HARRY'S POV

It had been nearly five hours since I managed to piss Rosie off with a few simple words.

Throughout the time, I've attempted to make it up to her by holding her hand, kissing her cheeks, touching her legs for comfort, and drawing hearts on her notebook where she's been taking notes for me. Each time she's either pushed me away or ignored the gesture all together. At one point, she crossed out one of the hearts I drew on her paper without even bothering to look at me.

When I was trying to talk to her earlier, the last thing I wanted her to think was that I was embarrassed of her. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I would never dream of trying to hide her from anyone. All I was trying to say was that I didn't want people to think less of me for bringing along my wife for a business conference rather than an assistant or another employee. I didn't mean that I didn't want to show her off, I just meant I didn't necessarily want to announce our marriage to the whole room. It had nothing to do with her personally.

After another twenty minutes of me pretending to listen to the man speaking at the front of the room, he releases us all for a short break. There's only an hour left in the meeting, but I'm not sure I can handle sixty more minutes of being ignored by Rosie.

"I have to go to the restroom." Rosie says softly after a moment. I look over at her and nod, then stand up along with her.

"Do you really have to go this time?" I tease lightly, referring to earlier when she claimed she needed to use the restroom but clearly was just trying to get away from me.

"Yes, Harry." She responds, sounding annoyed. I nod slowly and purse my lips, then follow behind her down a long hallway towards the restrooms.

When we come to the two gender specified bathrooms, Rosie doesn't even bother looking at me before entering the room and disappearing behind the door. I watch her leave with a slightly sad heart, then enter into the men's bathroom, not wanting to risk getting out after her and not knowing if she's taking too long or left without me.

Once inside, I nearly run into someone else walking away from the urinals just as I'm approaching them.

"Sorry." I mutter lowly. I glance up for a split second, then my pout turns into a glare when I see it's James standing in front of me.

Him and Rosie have been practically undressing each other with their eyes all day. Darryl insisted we all sit at a table together and I nearly couldn't handle hours on end of hearing Rosie flirt and giggle with James right in front of me while also being pissed off at me.

"No problem. I wasn't paying attention." He responds kindly. I nod, then attempt to step around him, but stop myself before I can.

"Hey, man," I look back at him and he glances up at me again. I'm only a few inches taller than him, but my fingers are crossed that it's enough to intimidate him so that he knows that when he messes with my wife he messes with me.

"Would you mind laying off my girl a bit? She seems to really like you, which is fine, but you two have been flirting like middle schoolers all day. I'm sure you could understand why I don't really like having to sit back and watch that." I cross my arms over my chest and James listens intently with slightly wide eyes.

"Oh, god, I swear my intention weren't to stir up any problems. Rosie's really nice, and fun to talk to, but I definitely wasn't trying to steal her from you." He assures back. His tone is slightly off, but I don't think too much of it. He seems pretty harmless, but honestly, Rosie is the one I don't trust.

If she continues to be mad at me for the remainder of the day, she's likely to go out again tonight, but this time come back smelling like another mans cologne with love bites on her neck that I didn't put there. There's nothing in the entire world that I dread more than that.