Chapter Fifty Three.

HARRY'S POV

"Three years... This is so crazy." Rosie murmurs softly with her head leaned against my chest. Our eyes are fixated on the candle in front of us that's flickering the dim lighting in the room. The wax is formed into a '3' and sat on top of a delicious looking cupcake made by Rosie this afternoon.

"Just as crazy as the other years we've celebrated?" I ask back jokingly in a soft whisper. She nods her head and chews her lip for a few seconds before looking up at me.

"Even crazier. Should we eat the cake before it's covered in wax?" She leans up to peck a gentle kiss against my jaw, then pulls me in towards the cake.

"Happy anniversary, Harry. I can't believe you've stayed with me for these past three years of hell, but I'm so happy to have you." Rosie nuzzles her face into my neck and I snuggle her even closer against my chest.

"There's been a lot more love, giggles, kissing, and plenty more things that are much more positive than you describing it as hell. It's been a long week, baby. We can still have a nice night, though." I kiss her cheeks sloppily, then turn her head up towards mine.

"Can we blow out the candle now? I don't want to do it without you."

"I'm not in the mood to be that cheerful." She murmurs back. I run my thumb across her cheek before leaning in to kiss her lips.

"We're only celebrating three years together and many more to come, sweetheart. Let's just do this and eat the cake, then lay down and we can have a good night of sleep all snuggled up together. Plus, tomorrow is a new day. We can wake up and see the sun and get breakfast then we could go to the hospital and see your mum." I reach my hand forward to pull the cupcake towards us but Rosie whines in protest when I stop holding her against me for a few seconds.

"Come on, babe. Blow out the candle with me." I urge once again. She sighs lowly and nods, then leans forward with me. We both blow gently towards the cupcake and the flame on the candle goes out with ease.

"Yay! Happy anniversary, Rosie!" I cheer softly, but earn no response from her. A soft sigh leaves my lips as I kiss her cheek again and turn her body to face me.

"Okay, baby, your mum is safe in the hospital surrounded by nurses and doctors and emergency medical teams that will be right there if she needs them. Despite all of that though, she was completely fine when we left today. The doctors told us that she was fine and to enjoy our evening but I know for one that I am not enjoying my evening with you in this mood."

"I'm sorry, Harry. It's just hard to enjoy myself knowing she's hurting. It's so difficult to leave her at night and not know if I'll have a reason to go back in the morning." She brings her hands up to cup my cheeks and leans in to gently kiss my lips.

"Okay, she's okay. I'll let it go for a few hours and try to enjoy tonight with you." She adds, releasing a breath of relief. I do the same and smile happily while grabbing the cupcake from the table beside us.

We've both been sat on the bed in my apartment for over an hour, holding each other tightly and watching the traffic on the city streets beyond the windows beside my bed.

"Here, open your mouth. Maybe in three more years I can be doing this at our wedding." She breaks off a bite of the cupcake and lifts it to my mouth, laughing softly as crumbs fall onto our laps. Her bare legs are draped over my lap while her body is covered in one of my t-shirts. We agreed earlier that three years of dating didn't call for anything special besides hanging out together, eating some cake, and snuggling until we were content enough to fall asleep.