Chapter Forty One.

ROSALIE'S POV

- Eight Years Ago -

"Harry, baby, are you awake?" I ask softly while sifting my fingers through his sweaty hair. He's laying with his face nuzzled into my chest and his legs locked with mine under his thin sheets covering our naked bodies. Music is playing softly in the background while our only light to keep us company is illuminating from the twinkle lights I strung above his window last month.

"Barely. You alright?" Harry asks back. His voice is thick with exhaustion and he seems to be falling in and out of consciousness with each stroke of my hand across his bare back.

Take-out boxes are scattered around us and our clothes are thrown around the room-- a typical evening for us. I'm due to leave tomorrow morning for a week long vacation to Maine with my family and Harry told me that if I didn't spend the night with him the night before, he'd show up at my house in the morning and blow our secret to my family so that he could say goodbye to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just wanted to talk to you about something. We can talk about it tomorrow though." I assure back. He leaves a sloppy kiss on my collarbone, then leans up on his elbow to look down at me. His eyes are droopy and his lips are in an adorable sleepy pout.

"Tell me what's on your mind." He pleads back. I lean up to kiss his pouty lips, which he lazily returns.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow. Even if I told you right now, you'd probably pass out half way through. Just get some rest and I'll tell you in the morning."

"Fine. You're telling me tomorrow, though. Okay?" He leans back on to my chest and I smile at the comfort of having him laying on top of me.

"Okay. Sleep good, Harry."

"You too, Rosie. I lo-" he cuts himself off before he can even get out the second word. My eyes nearly pop out of my head in surprise.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. There was just a lot of affection and-"

"Don't worry about it. I... Really, really like you, too." I pet his hair away from his face and he sighs in relief.

"Maybe soon, Rosie. I'm too tired to discuss that tonight, though." He mumbles once he's settled back onto my chest. I smile at the thought of us actually discussing being in love. It's no doubt that I love Harry, but I definitely won't be the one to admit it first.

"Okay. Goodnight for real this time." I kiss the top of his head with a sigh, then snuggle into my spot.

"Goodnight, baby."

-

The following morning around eight, I'm laying on Harry's bed wearing only one of his flannel shirts while he gets ready for work. I've picked out his outfit and laid it out on the bed- as I always do for him- and now am left waiting while he does his typical morning routine of shaving, brushing his teeth, and attempting to calm his hair from its natural curly state.

"What time are you guys leaving?" He calls out from the bathroom at some point.

"I think around ten. Can I come to work with you until then?" I ask back. Harry pokes his head out of the bathroom and nods with his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth, then makes a face at me before disappearing again. I giggle at his response, then turn back to reading my book.

Ten minutes later, Harry comes out of the bathroom wearing nothing but his cross necklace around his neck. I attempt to pay attention to my book, but fail miserably and find myself entranced by his long limbs moving towards me.