Chapter Twenty Five.

ROSALIE'S POV

"God, I haven't gone out and had a drink in forever. This is fun." I smile excitedly at James over the rim of my cup. The fruity drink tastes sweet going down my throat, especially when accompanied by the warm buzz of booze igniting my body with each sip.

"Yeah? I'm glad you find this fun. I take it going out for drinks must be really rare if you're enjoying just sitting here with me." James jokes back, grinning as he takes a sip from his bottle of beer.

His attractive features have increased even more as the night has progressed-- mostly from my alcohol consumption, but partially from my thoughts of Harry lessening since our immature so called 'talk' earlier.

I put more effort in than any woman ever should have to to catch the attention of a man who has loved her for years. I'm beginning to think most of my problem is rooted from me trying to make it happen when I really just need to allow it to naturally run it's course.

One of these days Harry will grow tired of chasing down girls and he'll be happy to come back and settle down with me. One of my most despicable flaws in my own opinion is constantly feeling like I need to stay pure and faithful to Harry while he's out doing anything and anyone he pleases. I should be having just as much- if not more- fun as he is with our open relationship agreement.

"I don't really ever drink with anyone besides myself or my sister, so trust me, this is fun." I shrug my shoulders and chew gently on the top of my straw in my mouth.

"Really? That surprises me. Harry seems to be crazy about you. I figured he'd be one of those guys that thrives on taking you out all the time to show you off as his girl." James comments back. I stare at him for a long moment and try to decide if his words sting or make me happy. Does Harry really seem crazy about me? If he does, I must be completely blind to it.

"We don't go out together very much. We get dinner sometimes, but that's it, really." I take a large sip of my drink, then look over at him again.

"We've been together for a lot of years. We kind of just do our own thing most of the time then hang out whenever we're not busy." I add after a few seconds of silence.

"A lot of years? Eight is not a lot of years. My grandparents just had their fiftieth anniversary in January and I've never seen two people more in love." He shakes his head at me, followed by soft chuckling.

"I don't think the two are really comparable. Harry and I got together when we were nineteen and... I don't know. You know how sometimes people just go through phases where they aren't as close as they used to be even though nothing really happened to initiate it? I think we're doing that." Why am I confiding in this man about my marriage? My original plan was to flirt with him a little and maybe have some fun with going out with Harry's cute friends without Harry, but of course I resort to this.

"Yeah, I understand what you mean. Maybe you guys need like a couples retreat or something." James shrugs his shoulders and I laugh back.

"We're not at that point yet."

"I've never been married. I'm honestly not even sure where to begin with advice for you." He glances over at me with a partially embarrassed expression and I giggle back.

"Don't worry about it. I shouldn't have gone off on some spiel about that." I chew my lip for a few seconds before resorting to sipping my drink again.

Before James or I can say anything else, a hand is on my shoulder and Darryl's loud voice enters our ears again. He cheers obnoxiously as he sets down shots of some brown liquid in front of us before stepping back with a wide grin. Some blonde is hanging on his shoulder with a clearly fake smile and watching as James and I look over at them questioningly.