Chapter Forty Two.

HARRY'S POV

"What'd you do all day?" Rosie asks quietly, turning her head to look at me. A small puff of smoke leaves her mouth and she doesn't even wait a moment before placing the cigarette back between her lips.

"I had to work. Then I went home and watched a baseball game. Then I remembered it was your birthday and ended up at the store to buy stuff for you, then I came here." I take a puff from my own cigarette and turn my head to look back at her.

"What'd you do?" I add. She pulls her legs up onto chair below her and hugs them to her chest while looking over at me.

"Nothing too special, really. I hung out with my family and waited around for you." She inhales deeply from the cigarette once again, then blows the smoke out. I find her smoking strangely attractive.

"Can I have another one?" Rosie asks after a moment. She rubs out the butt of the cigarette on the ground, then looks up at me pleadingly.

"I said one, baby." I answer, inhaling from my own cigarette. She continues to stare at me with a sweet pout that makes it difficult to stick to my answer.

"You're not the boss of me, you know." She says after a moment. I chuckle, then pass off my half-burnt cigarette to her with a sigh.

"Thank you." She giggles excitedly. I only nod and watch as she stands from her chair and paces over to my own seat.

"What are you up to?" I ask suspiciously while she moves towards me once she's on top of my chair. We've both consumed our halves of the bottle of champagne and if I hadn't drank that, I'd probably be drunk off of all of the cake that we ate.

"Nothing, babe." She answers. She's being suspiciously nice to me, and has been since we stopped talking about anything having to do with the divorce a little while ago.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" She asks once she's curled up into my side with her head on my shoulder and her legs tangled with mine. The last thing I expected was for her to cuddle up to me tonight after I forgot her birthday, but I'm also not going to complain about it. If she needs me to hold her then I will gladly hold her.

"Nothing, really. What are you thinking about?" I ask back, bringing my hand up to tuck some hair behind her ear. She nuzzles closer to me and places the cigarette between her lips to inhale deeply.

"I was thinking a minute ago about how you owe me a nice, rough, yet thoughtful, birthday present." She rubs her hand up my chest, then passes off the cigarette butt to me once it's burned all the way down. I rub out the ash and lay the short stick on the ground beside my chair.

"What'd you have in mind?" I ask back, even though I know exactly what she's thinking.

"Do you know how long it's been since I've had a good back-arching, toe-curling, body-numbing orgasm?" She rubs her foot up my calve and moves her hand lower down my stomach. I stop her before she can get too far.

"I don't think I'm what you're looking for. You want mind-numbing instead of body-numbing and I'm exactly what you don't want to think about right now." I continue to stroke her cheek with my fingertips while she stares up at me.

"You're exactly what I do want. And I want it everywhere. Balcony, kitchen, bedroom..." She tickles her hand down my stomach once again and this time I don't stop her from slipping her fingers under my shirt to touch my skin. She rubs the area just above the band of my boxers and smiles to herself.

"How do you want to give it to me, baby? Hard and fast or soft and sweet? I'd like either." She attaches her lips to my jaw and sucks gently at the sensitive skin, making me mewl softly in pleasure.