Chapter Forty Five.

ROSALIE'S POV

- One Week Later -

"I'm not being strange, El. I'm a little tired and sick of making buttercream frosting, but other than that, I'm completely fine." I assure my sister for what feels like the millionth time in an hour. She's been pressuring me all week to talk to her about what's going on with me, but in all honesty, I don't find anything odd about my recent behavior.

"Aiden, is aunty Rosie a liar?" Camellia questions to the little boy balanced on her hip. He blushes while being spoken to and looks over at me before hiding his face in Camellia's neck. His leg is propped up against her swollen belly and I can't help but be jealous of her.

"Don't go to him about this. There's nothing for either of you to worry about." I assure once again. I really don't find anything wrong with my behavior. We've spent all week going back and forth about why I'm acting funny.

"Whatever, Rosie." She rolls her blue eyes at me. Aiden is left sitting on the counter a moment later as she returns to strategically dropping sprinkles onto the purple cupcakes we've been in charge of baking for a little girl's birthday party.

"Rosie, um, there's a man on the phone for you." My newest employee, Sophie, peeks her head in the door to the back room. She's holding the shop phone in her hand and standing nervously before me.

"What man?" I ask back, slightly amused. She's only seventeen years of age and as innocent as could be.

"He said he's your husband, but I didn't know you were married so I don't know if he's just saying that or..." She nervously rubs her arm and my smile immediately falls.

"Oh. Could you tell him I'll call back later?" I ask back. She purses her lips in consideration, then shakes her head.

"I could, but he's called three times in the last hour. I think it may be important. Is he really your husband?" She passes off the phone to me when I step towards her and I sigh in slight annoyance. Harry hasn't willingly spoken to me since last week when I attempted to stay over at his apartment, and he barely acknowledged me during our session with Catherine on Thursday. When he gets into those types of moods I don't usually go out of my way to speak to him either.

"On a good day." I finally confirm for Sophie. She looks up at me in clear confusion, then moves out of the back room along with Camellia and Aiden when she ushers them all out of the room.

"This is Rosalie." I speak formally while lifting the phone to my ear, hoping to make our conversation short and sweet.

"Hi Rosalie. This is Harry Styles. Do you have a moment to consider letting our lord and savior Jesus Christ into your life?" Harry asks back in the same formal tone, but his is laced with a teasing undertone. I can't help but giggle.

"As tempting as that offer is... I'm too busy at the moment. Can I help you with something else?"

"Do you sell phone sex too or just cupcakes?" He continues to joke. It's nice to hear him being playful for a change, but I'm not in the mood for our meaningless banter.

"Just cupcakes. What do you need, Harry?" I press on. He sighs softly through the phone and I can imagine him sifting his long fingers through his soft hair while staring blankly at his wooden desk.

"I had a question for you but you've been ignoring my text messages all day." He eventually reveals. I balance the phone between my ear and shoulder and attempt to begin frosting cupcakes again. The decoration comes out slightly sloppy, but I decide to deal with it. The little girl won't care how finely her birthday cupcakes are frosted as long as she gets to eat one.