Chapter 3

Three
_____________

It was Thursday when Draco showed up to potions class again, still wearing a bandage. He used this perfect opportunity to do what he likes best, torture his arch-enemy Harry Potter and his friend Ron Weasley.

He used the favouritism of Snape for his advantage, to make Harry and Ron cut his ingredients because he claimed he couldn't use his arm.

Amara was one of the best students in her year, so the shrinking solution they had to brew today was as easy as breathing to her. Not so much to her roommate.

If there is something Daphne wasn't good at, it's potions. Much to the dislike of their professor who always thought it was an embarrassment that a student of his own house is so bad in his own class.

"Amara?" Daphne whispered but she was ignored, Amara was too focused on her potion. Theo stunned his sister, making her head snap to the blonde girl with pleading eyes.

"Can you help me?" she whispered, desperate to not earn a judging stare from her professor again.

Amara didn't need any convincing, she rolled her green orbs and made Daphne move out of the way.

She would always help her friends and she always enjoyed the admiration she received for it.

Amara made sure that this potion would be perfect. She added a splash of cowbane and stirred it slowly.

"Now you just have to leave it on a high temperature and cast a shrinking charm," Amara whispered, moving back to her seat before Snape would notice.

She caught a glimpse of Draco, with a smug look on his face, whispering something to Potter she couldn't hear but she quickly turned to her cauldron again, finishing the potion.

When the lesson was almost over, Snape inspected the potions of everyone in class.

He looked at the one Daphne claimed to make and the surprise was written all over his face when he let a droplet of Daphne's potion hit the daisy —making it shrink instantly.

"Well done, Miss Greengrass. 10 points to Slytherin '' Snape curled his lips in approval.

He knew that she must have had help but he didn't care when it came to his own house.

For the Slytherin house, he would always bend the rules a little.

______

The school year progressed and Pansy was more and more around Draco but he didn't seem to mind.

He wanted to get his best friend's sister off his mind — get rid of the feelings that he seemed to have. He was unsuccessful though because his mind always circled back to her.

Being friends with her brother didn't help either. His mind was constantly drifting back to the girl with the emerald green eyes —slowly driving him insane.

It was an ordinary day and Amara was sitting in the library —alone. She loved having her friends around yet it was easier to focus on school without their constant talking.

If Amara would have grown up differently, with different views, in an environment without pureblood supremacy, Amara Nott and Hermione Granger could have been good friends.

They both had more in common than both girls would like to admit.

Amara often saw Granger in the library. Both girls spent most of their time in the long aisle around hundreds of books. However, Amara never acknowledged her presence, to her Granger was nothing more than something filthy.