Chapter 64

Sixty-four
____________

Amara was scribbling down every word her Professor said, turning her head to the door every few seconds. The seat next to her was empty. It has been empty often lately.

At first, he was only gone at night. When she asked he told her he had prefect duties but after four nights in a row, she knew he didn't. She didn't dare to ask again though.

However, the overthinking was killing her slowly. 

He had a secret —again.

She pictured every horrible thing he could do so late at night and every time it ended with her sitting in his bed crying.

Now, for the whole week, he started missing classes, started being late or not coming at all. At first, he said Snape had some things for him to do but every time he wasn't there or was late she stopped believing him.

He lied —again.

He didn't show up to Defense against the Dark Arts this morning and Amara started to worry. He hasn't shown up since breakfast.

She stared at her parchment and the words she had written down when a shiver went down her spine.

"Sorry, Professor."

"Sit down and get started, Mister Malfoy," McGonagall hissed.

Amara forced her eyes to stay on her essay. No matter how much she wanted to look at him, she refused to.

His cologne hit her nostrils and all she thought about was how she missed his touch, his voice and everything else she so adored.

"I missed you too," he whispered with an audible smirk.

She frowned and parted her lips in surprise, tilting her head toward him.

She never said it out loud or did she?

"I-" she started but was at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry for being gone all the time," he spoke again, quietly so Professor McGonagall couldn't hear them.

"What is going on with you lately?" Amara sighed.

"I will tell you later, okay? You should pay attention," he whispered.

"No, tell me now," she protested.

"You know why I like this seat the most," he started.

"That wasn't the question," she hissed and rolled her eyes annoyed about him changing the subject.

"I like it because of this," he whispered and traced his finger over a small cut in the surface.

She gasped and clenched her legs together, "I remember it like it was yesterday... how I fucked you on this very table,"

"Dra-" her cheeks were burning already, her knickers soaked already.

"You can't be done already, I expect focus in my class Mister Malfoy- Miss Nott," McGonagall hissed and both of their heads snapped to the front, "or do I need to separate you two?"

"No need Professor, I apologise," Draco said and the old witch shook her head and continued her lesson.

Amara picked up her quill again. A goosebump causing shiver went through her when she felt the cold hand on her bare thigh.

"Stop, or we will get detention," she hissed, still looking at her parchment.

His hand ran up and down her thigh gently, a touch so light she had to shiver every time.