Chapter 23

Twenty-three
__________________

Amara woke up but kept her eyes closed. She knew what happened even though she wished she didn't.

She could smell his scent and feel the heat of his body. His arm was still wrapped around her, her back facing him.

She felt his slow and calm breathing on her neck.

Blinded by the sunlight she slowly opened her eyes. Still hoping it was all just a bad dream. But when she took a look under the covers and saw her still naked body she knew it wasn't.

The guilt she felt was soaking up every part of her, slowly and painfully.

She cheated. Again.

But this time she felt horrible, more than ever. The effects of the pill faded and with her high gone she was just left with the guilt.

She had sex with her best friend's boyfriend and it was amazing. Amara tried to convince herself while walking in the bathroom as quietly as possible that it was all just the drug.

That amazing feeling was just caused by the small pink pill she swallowed.

She tried to convince her mind that it was just that —but she knew it wasn't, she felt it before on the train where she was as sober as one can be.

After a long and needed shower, she wiped the mirror free from the steam and just stared at herself. Her green eyes examined every inch of her skin.

It was the end of July and she couldn't wear any shorts anymore because her boyfriend would know that those marks were not caused by him.

Adrian.

He doesn't deserve this.

Maybe it's best to just end things.

She inhaled deeply before opening her bathroom door, she breathed out relief when she saw the blonde still sleeping in her bed.

She walked over to her dresser to get some fresh clothes.

"I could have joined you'' Amara didn't expect him to be awake and flinched at the sudden noise behind her. Her towel fell to the floor.

She quickly picked it up again, covering her exposed body.

"It's nothing I haven't seen"  he smirked, leaning on his elbow, his eyes scanning every inch of her.

"Very funny" Amara muttered, walking inside the bathroom to change. She looked at herself in the mirror one last time,

what was she supposed to do?

She took a deep breath before opening the door again, finding Malfoy fully dressed again.

Amara sighed, "We can't continue doing this..."

"It was a mistake" she added.

"Don't say that..." Amara could see that something in him broke —calling him a mistake. The sadness in his eyes shattered something within her.

"We are hurting them, Pansy, Adrian... This is not right"

The small moment his emotions overtook his usual collected expression was gone. It changed and the tragic look in his eyes was replaced with something else —something darker.

"You didn't seem to care so much about him yesterday" Draco folded his arms in front of his chest

"I was drunk and high..." Amara mumbled, staring at her hands while fiddling with her fingers. Her usual habit when she gets nervous and upset.