Chapter 79

Seventy-nine
_______________

At first, Draco seemed to avoid her by going to dinner at different times and always coming to class late but then he began to stare at her — constantly.

Every time she looked over her shoulder he was there. In class, in the common room, in the library. Every day he was everywhere she was.

Amara tried to ignore him but it got harder with each passing day, so hard that she started to have a headache every time.

"Do you really think you will find something here?" Pansy asked, leaning against the shelf.

"I've read every book in my own house and nothing," Amara said, pulling another book out.

"Maybe because it is nothing," Pansy carefully said.

"If she was a student there has to be a record of her right?" Amara opened a book and skipped through the pages.

"Maybe," Pansy mumbled.

Amara sighed and closed the book, "I need something to distract me, Pans... I cannot think about something else because when I do I think about him," she turned to face he friend, "He is always there,"

"What if..." Pansy bit the inside of her cheek, "what if he lied and still loves you?"

"Why would he do that?" Amara frowned.

"I don't know he is Malfoy- why does he do the things he does..." Pansy shrugged.

"What are you two doing here? I was looking all over for you!" Daphne exclaimed from the other side of the library. Madam Pince hushed.

"Research," Amara quickly said.

"About what? The dream you have?" Daphne frowned.

"What dream?" Pansy asked.

"I have a dream it's different every time but still the same somehow," Amara shrugged, turning back to the shelf.

"I told you it's nothing- there is just a lot to deal with and that's your mind's way of coping," Daphne said.

"I'm not so sure," Amara mumbled.

"Not everything in life is some big scheme- sometimes things are simply what they are," Daphne laid her hand on Amara's shoulder and smiled weakly.

"What is the dream about?" Pansy asked and Amara sighed. She turned back to her friends and leaned her back against the shelf behind her.

"My parents are fighting about something my father did... It feels so real like I've been there but I'm younger- maybe five or six," Amara explained, "It's all blurry mostly but I think they talk about someone that died."

"It's the stress, Amara. We are at war of course you dream about someone dying," Daphne squeezed her friend's shoulder.

"How come you remember that now after all these years and not earlier?" Pansy frowned.

"I don't know," Amara mumbled.

"It's probably just because of your mother being ill," Daphne said.

"Pansy?"

All three turned to face the boy standing at the end of the aisle.

"Blaise?" Parkinson said with a smile.

"I need to speak with you," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Sure, see you later," Pansy smiled and waved goodbye.

"Miss Nott?" a familiar voice said and Amara rolled her eyes before turning around.

"Professor Carrow," she said.