Chapter 90

Ninety
__________

Daphne's hands clenched onto his dark locks while their lips moved in sync. Kissing slowly, passionately. Theo's lips gently moved down her neck, sucking on her skin. A small gasp escaped her lips.

The feeling of passion and love filled their veins until something else crept up inside him. Suddenly Theo stopped. Pain replaced lust. A sting in his stomach spreading through his whole body replaced all the good – followed by the familiar ache in his heart. He knew instantly what it was.

Theo's breathing became heavier. His face pale and eyes glistening, "Are you okay?" Daphne asked with a frown, looking at the boy hovering over her.

"Something happened" Theo whispered, jumping off the bed. Hectically searching the pile of clothes on the opposite bed.

"Theo wh-"

"I have to go," he interrupted her, pulling his black trousers up and slipping into his black turtleneck jumper. His hands trembled, making it difficult to button his trousers. Another sting went through his stomach.

"Did I do something wrong? What-" Daphne sat up, not comprehending her boyfriend's sudden behaviour change. Yet Theo didn't let her finish again.

"She-" he dragged his hand through his messy hair, "Amara- I-" he inhaled deeply in an attempt to steady his breathing but his heartbeat only quickened, "something happened."

"She is fine- You need to stop worrying so much," Daphne rolled her eyes and a small wave of relief went through her veins.

"No- it's different-" he shook his head violently while slipping into his black shoes, combing the hair that had fallen back into his face again, "I have to go find her."

"Then I'll come with you," Daphne said and hopped off the bed trying to find her clothes.

"You go look in the library- and we have to find Malfoy," Theo rushed out of the room, running down the girls' corridor. He almost fell when he ran into Millicent.

"Watch where you going!" she hissed, wanting to continue walking but Theo put his arm in front of her, pressing his hand against the cold stone wall to prevent her from getting away.

"Have you seen my sister?" he asked with desperation.

"Not since lunch- now get out of my way," Millicent rolled her eyes and pushed Theo away causing him to stumble and hit the wall with his back.

"She will be fine," Daphne said, coming up behind him. Her hand squeezed his arms in an attempt to ease his nerves even though she knew it was useless.

"I'm never wrong-" Theo closed his eyes, breathing deeply. Something Daphne was well aware of. A thought that scared her but she tried to keep her calm composure for him. They cannot both lose it.

She kept telling herself everything will be fine until she arrived at the library finding it empty.

______

A small thud went through the school halls. A sound so far in the distance that it almost seemed like imagination.

"Did you hear that?" Malfoy frowned, standing in front of the great hall with Montague. Students walking in and out. Not one of them turned around, recognising that there has been a sound.

"What?" he frowned.

"Almost sounded like- never mind," Draco said and shook his head.

"As I said-" Montague started but he couldn't finish.

"Malfoy!" someone shouted. Montague looked past the boy in front of him. Draco turned around, seeing Theodore making long strides towards him.