Chapter 13

Thirteen
________________

"contraceptive charm?" Amara frowned at her raven-haired friend.

For the first time in weeks, they were spending more time together than short conversations in class or during meals. All three girls were in Amara's and Daphne's room, talking about the upcoming ball.

"Yes, just in case you know" Pansy's cheeks were flushed, her eyes skipping back and forth between Amara and Daphne.

"I always thought there would be a potion or something" Daphne muttered.

"A charm is easier I guess,"

"You're sure about that?"

"Wouldn't you want to sleep with Adrian?"

Amara chewed her lip nervously, "I mean at some point.. but we haven't been dating for that long.."

"Well, I'm sure and I bet Draco is too, there are some indications he wants to too... you know"

"Shut up Parkinson" Daphne laughed and threw a pillow at her.

Pansy threw her hands up in defence, "I reckon Theo would want to"

"nooo, Pansy that's my brother I don't want to imagine that" Now Amara hit her with her pillow.

All three of them started laughing heavily.

____________

It was Christmas day and everyone was utterly excited about the Yule Ball. Amara wore a light blue dress with a V-neck and thin straps. It was long and there were a couple of layers of tulle. She felt like a princess.

The second she walked into the hall — her arm hooked with Adrians — Draco noticed her. Overwhelmed by her appearance.

Amara could feel his stare and so her eyes found him but she quickly looked away again, trying to focus on her date.

"You want something to drink?" Adrian asked his date after they were done dancing

"Yes, please" she smiled and he left her standing alone at the edge of the dance floor.

"You look gorgeous" a familiar voice whispered and Amara's body immediately tensed, feeling the boys' biceps against her shoulder.

"Thank you" she smiled.

"Wow, it's the most amazing night of my life" someone slurred and appeared next to the blonde,

"How can you be drunk?" Amara frowned.

"Alcohol, silly girl" Pansy giggled, she wanted to walk over to her friend but stumbled. Draco grabbed her hips before she could fall to the floor.

"You better go to bed," Amara said, grabbing her hands