Chapter 45

T/W: violence

Forty-five
_______________

Amara walked down the stairs at Malfoy Manor, her hand hooked under her brother's arm.

She was wearing a long, black a-line dress with thin straps. It was completely covered in sequins and had a high slit up to her left leg.

Her dress looked like the black night sky covered in sparkling stars.

The deep v-neck was decorated with a long silver necklace ending right between her breast

Her usual straight hair was curly. On her wrist is the silver bracelet Draco gave her for Christmas and the ring with the emerald green stone her father gave her sat on her right hand.

Her brother was wearing a white button-down and a black bow tie, all together with suit trousers and a jacket that was ending right above his hips.

Draco was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for his girlfriend to be ready. He was wearing a black suit and a white button-down accompanied by a black waistcoat and tie. Everything was rounded up by a silver chain holding his suit jacket together.

He almost lost balance when he saw Amara walking down the stairs, with her blood-red lips in a wide smile.

Draco swallowed the lump that built up in his throat. Heat shooting through his veins, it took all his self-control to not take her and carry her back upstairs.

When she arrived at the bottom of the stairs, Draco took her hand, his touch caused goosebumps to spread over Amara's bare arms. He kissed the back of it gently, his lips soft and hot, dying Amara's face scarlet red.

The three young Slytherins walked down the corridor, to a grand room only used for events like these.

It was a room in the far back of the house, white and golden with light brown floorboards and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

It was a complete contrast from the other darker parts of the house.

The room was already crowded with people. Everyone with name and status was here tonight.

Draco kissed Amara goodbye shortly after they arrived, his father required all his attention, wanting his son to meet some people.

Theo handed Amara a glass of champagne, he took off a tray from a waitress.

When Amara wanted to drink she noticed the change in Theo's expression, his eyes filled with something darker but he didn't look at her.

Before Amara could turn around to see the person Theo could have killed with his eyes alone, a cold shudder ran down her spine.

"Well, don't you look lovely,"

The blood in Amara's veins froze and her glass crashed to the floor. She recognised the voice immediately. It was a voice she never thought she would hear again and it caused panic to rise within her.

She hadn't heard him speak since that night, the night that almost ruined everything.

Her mind started to have flashbacks of him and his face hovering over her, touching her without her consent.

She shuddered again, her chest tightened making it hard to breathe. Amara felt like she was suffocated by him all over again, her lunges close to collapsing.

She could feel two hands on her body but she couldn't move, she couldn't think. Amara thought she heard her brother speak but she wasn't sure, he wasn't here, was he?