Chapter 62

Sixty-two
______________

Everything seemed fine. They were all sitting in their compartment like every year yet something changed.

Nothing anyone would notice unless they would look close enough.

Amara and Draco were sitting next to each other, his hand laid on her thigh but she wasn't returning the touch in any way. Her hands were folded in her lap while her head leaned against the window staring at the landscape flying by.

"Pansy- there you are, are you coming?" Astoria stood at the door and raised her brows.

"What's the deal with them all of a sudden?" Daphne frowned, watching Pansy leave with her sister.

"They spent a lot of time together and grew closer," Blaise shrugged and a small smile arched up on his lips.

"I wonder how close," Theo snickered and Daphne slapped his chest.

"What?" he exclaimed, raising his hands in defence.

"You think that's funny? Have you met my father?" Daphne shout-whispered.

"Relax, love," Theo said and took her hand, "I was just joking,"

"That isn't fu-" Daphne was interrupted when the door slid open again.

"Well, hello- I was looking for you, Amara," Slughorn smiled, "How is your father these days? A lot do I suppose,"

She nodded and tried to hide the crease between her brows with a small smile, "It is- he is quite busy,"

"I see, just what I thought," he said but it sounded more like he whispered it to himself, "Well maybe you would like to join me and some other students in my carriage for a cup of tea?"

"I'd love to, Sir," Amara smiled and laid her hand on Draco's, for the first time since they started their journey.

"Good, Good," Slughorn nodded and smiled, noticing the small movement. He looked around the compartment with all the eyes that were focused on him, "Perhaps Mr. Zabini and Mr. Malfoy would accompany you," his smile faded for a moment when his eyes landed on Draco but then he quickly left.

"It's like I'm invisible," Theo muttered to himself.

"What was that about?" Daphne frowned.

"He has a club with some students, my father was in it too," Malfoy shrugged.

"So only the ones with perfect scores and a good name are allowed then?" Daphne asked.

"My score isn't perfect-" Blaise scoffed and shook his head, "I only got three O.W.L's, unlike Mr. and Mrs. perfect over there," he taunted.

"How many was it again?" he said and raised a brow, "Six or seven?"

"Amara got six, Draco got only five- I wonder how that happened," Daphne snickered.

"Yeah I wonder," he muttered and squeezed Amara's knee, making her leg flinch.

"Maybe you need to pay more attention and learn how to focus," Amara turned her head to Draco and smirked, her cheeks flustered.

"And who's fault is it that I lacked focus?" Draco raised his brows, also turning his head towards her.

"Not mine," she said and gazed into his eyes, drowning in the storm before her. It always consumed her whole, wiped her mind clear from every thought to leave it with only one thing —him.

"That smirk of yours will disappear next time you lack focus," he said and licked his lips slowly.

"Is that a threat?" she whispered, her cheeks burning and legs clenching together.