Chapter 78

Seventy-eight
_______________

Theo walked with his sister by his side through the train, Daphne right behind him when he spotted the tall platinum blonde on the other end of the corridor.

Theo's hands clenched so much his nails ripped his skin open. Even after they had their encounter at Malfoy Manor Theo's anger towards him was unconditional.

Malfoy froze, his feet glued to the floor the second he laid eyes on his ex-girlfriend. Amara didn't notice him, she stared down at the ring her father gave her for Christmas three years ago.

She seemed exhausted like she hadn't slept in days. Her skin looked frail even though she usually had a tan after the summer. She gained some weight, he noticed that. He knew every inch of her body and the way her thighs almost touched and her hips were more curvy was obvious to him right away.

His throat went dry. Even with the exhaustion on her face and the frail skin she still was incredibly beautiful to him. Her body looked even better than when he had last seen her in the hospital.

"Amara!" Pansy shouted down the corridor and her head snapped up. Her eyes however didn't land on Parkinson, they landed on the blonde further down.

She stopped in her tracks abruptly, making Daphne collide with her back. Amara made a few slow steps forward, standing on the same level as Pansy but then she shook her head and walked inside the compartment, her head between her shoulders again.

"I'm going to kill him," Daphne whispered to her boyfriend, scolding the blonde, "You comin'?"

"Yeah just a minute," Theo muttered, his eyes fixed on Malfoy.

"Careful with your hand this time, love," she said before disappearing into the compartment with Parkinson.

Malfoy's body still forgot how to move, he only stared at Theo making angry strides towards him.

"You need to turn around and sit with someone else," Theo spat, pointing at the tall blonde.

"I need to talk to her," Draco said.

"You lost the right to talk to her!" Theo raised his voice.

"It's important," Malfoy replied still calmly but attempted to walk past Theo.

"No!" Theo now shouted and pushed Malfoy back, blocking the way, "The window for talking to her is closed! I told you to stay away so you will do just that,"

"She can decide for herself, Theodore," Draco said, annoyed.

"I'm her brother- I am protecting her from more pain because of you," Theo pushed him again.

"She wants to hear what I have to say," Malfoy said and sighed.

Before Draco could even attempt to walk past Theo a second time a bone in his face cracked followed by a stinging pain shooting through his cheek. He stumbled a few steps back.

"What the fuck, Nott?"

"Stay the fuck away from her! You don't deserve her, you never did!"

Theo turned on his heels and left his classmate behind — bleeding and broken.

His sister is not going to be there to fix him this time.

______

Malfoy was always alone now. Eating alone, sitting in his room alone, walking through the castle alone. Everyone was at dinner together but Malfoy decided not to go at the same time she did. He couldn't look at her.