Chapter 63

Sixty-three
______________

"You took forever," Daphne groaned when the door slid open.

"We had a small... layover," Draco smirked, holding the door open for Amara to walk in. Her cheeks were still flustered. He sat her down a few steps before they arrived back. He couldn't hold in his laughter how she winced with every step.

Theo rolled his eyes, noticing the same thing and muttered something under his breath.

"You should have spent your waiting time more productively," Malfoy added and sat down, noticing a white glimpse in the corner of his eyes.

"Your legs are still shaking," he whispered in her ear with amusement clouding his tone and Amara's cheeks only flustered more.

"So how was your little tea party?" Theo taunted and frowned, trying to get the previous image out of his head.

"He asked a lot about father and his work as a school governor," Amara shrugged.

"Oh yeah he is so busy with that-" Theo scoffed, "with all the shit going on, I totally forgot that he has a job other than doing the dark -"

"Shut up," Malfoy hissed, "Not here," his narrowed stare bored into the boy opposite him and the crease between Theo's eyebrows disappeared.

"Now that I think about it, he only wanted to know things about our parents," Amara said, "It was quite boring."

"Someone tries to get on the good side," Theo scoffed.

"He better or he will end up in a grave like the rest of them," Draco said, his eyes flickering to the luggage racks above them.

"Don't say that!" Amara exclaimed and slapped his chest, drawing his attention towards her again.

"What do you expect will happen? It will all go down at one point," Theo said.

For the rest of the train ride, Amara got the feeling something was up with Draco. How he had a stern look plastered on his face, avoiding certain topics of conversation like he was scared someone was eavesdropping on them.

Amara didn't bother to ask though. She knew he wouldn't tell her and she didn't want to fight. She needed to believe him —that he will not keep something from her again.

Yet she was too scared to ask and find out he is not keeping a promise —again.

"I'm already starving," Daphne groaned, jumping up from her seat when the train stopped again, "Hurry," she hissed at the dark-haired boy walking out in front of her.

Amara stopped at the door when she noticed Draco still sitting.

"Are you coming?" she asked and smiled weakly.

"I need to check something," he said, not even sparing her a glimpse.

"Do you want me to wait?" she asked, already feeling the disappointment wash through her.

"No, go ahead," he replied, coldly.

Amara frowned but did what she was told and got off the train. However, she decided to wait outside, impatiently tapping her foot on the stones beneath her and twisting the ring on her finger.

Draco stood up, slowly taking out his wand while standing in front of the door, "Didn't mommy ever tell you it's rude to eavesdrop, Potter,"

He spun around quickly and a curse came from the tip of his wand.