Chapter 15

Fifteen
_______________

"What are you doing here?" the dark-haired witch slurred, slightly stumbling on her spot.

"You still have it" he waved with the small box in his hand.

"Of course I still have it" She stumbled over to him, snatching the box out of his hand to open it.

Inside was a white peony, her favourite flower.

"It always reminds me of this day, our little secret" Her voice at the end was not more than a whisper.

Amara wasn't sure why she even told him, he was right to think she wouldn't keep it but she couldn't bear to throw it away. It was a reminder of their friendship — one of her happy memories with him.

Draco cupped her cheek, his grey drowning in her green immediately. The things only she was able to make him feel and she felt it too.

The spark inside them was like lighting a fire. First, the flame is small but it grows over time. Electricity moved through their bodies with every touch.

"Amara, I-"

"Malfoy'' both of their heads snapped to the door, Draco's hand dropping from her face. Amara instantly took a step back, creating more space between them.

"Amara, Adrian is here," her brother said in a disapproving tone. Amara's eyes were glued to her feet as she quickly walked out.

"Lucky for you he didn't come to get you" Theo whispered to his sister when she walked past him.

After his sister's footsteps died he closed the door behind him, Malfoy still in the same spot. He didn't move at all, his eyes were glued to his friend who just interrupted them.

"You need to stop doing this," Theo warned.

"I'm not doing anything" Malfoy simply said, setting the box down on the desk.

"Do you really care for her? or are you just playing a game because you can't have her?"

Draco scoffed, "I have a girlfriend, Nott"

"Cut the crap, Malfoy. You don't think I notice-"

"It doesn't matter, Theodore" Draco threw his hands around the air, "She is dating that idiot and I'm with Pansy"

"Maybe you should break up with Pansy, it's not fair if you're not sure... because that's what I just saw... this is not okay, mate"

Draco's hands rubbed his face aggressively. "Let's just enjoy the party" he sighed, wanting to end this conversation.

Theo just rolled his eyes and both boys went downstairs. Pansy quickly rushed over to her boyfriend and dragged him away, sitting back down opposite Amara and Adrian.

Pucey's arm was wrapped around her shoulder as he was whispering sweet nothings into her ear. Sweet giggles escaped Amara's lips. Consumed by him and the alcohol in her body, she didn't notice the blonde opposite her.

His posture tensed, sitting up straight on the sofa. One arm was lying behind Pansy on the back of the sofa while the other laid on the armrest. His fingers clenched on the soft fabric, threatening his nails to rip it open.

Draco tried to focus on the raven-haired girl next to him and with every drop of alcohol he was able to just be with Pansy.

He drowned himself in fire whiskey for the rest of the night, thinking about Amara and Theo's words. Thinking about all the memories he had with her.

A happy feeling inside his stomach mixed with an ache. Scared of his weakness and vulnerability he pushed her away — shut her out.

Draco himself was the cause of his pain, he could have been the one that kissed her at midnight. He wished to go back in time,