Chapter 75

Seventy-five
______________

Amara collapsed the second her feet touched the ground in front of her house. She sank to her knees with a painful wail.

Theo grabbed her before she completely landed on the ground, sitting down with his arms snaked around her waist and her chest buried in his shoulder.

He carefully picked her up and carried her bridal style into her room, gently sitting down with her on his lap.

For an hour Theodore held his sister and prevented her from hyperventilating. His hands stroked her spine up and down, drew shapes on her back and whispered how everything will be okay one day.

He let her stain his back t-shirt with her salty tears and tried to stop her body from shaking.

She didn't say anything. Never told him what happened. Theo only held her, telling her to breathe. He only held her and let her cry.

She didn't need to tell him. He didn't need to know, he felt it. Felt how her heart shattered to pieces and he knew that she couldn't glue them back together this time.

He just knew.

After Amara managed to normalise the pace of her heartbeat and her chest rose and fell slower she sniffed, wiping her tears away with the back of her hand.

"He said he doesn't love me," she whimpered. The second she said it out loud, her lungs struggled to inhale the required amount of air for her breathing to remain calm and her eyes blurred once more.

Theo never said a word. No matter how much he wanted to apparate back to Malfoy Manor and beat his best friend into oblivion, he stayed, holding her and listening to every small piece Amara uttered once in a while.

The sun had already set long ago when she finished recalling the whole conversation until she was finished and her eyes were empty.

The tears stopped, her breathing normalised yet the suffocation in her chest stayed. The empty feeling in her rib cage where her heart was beating stayed. The pain of the knife Draco stabbed into her stayed. He made her bleed and wouldn't come to heal it this time.

"Theodore!" his father called from downstairs but Theo didn't move. His arms stayed wrapped around his little sister, placing a kiss on top of her head. He would never dare to leave her.

His father yelled for him again, angrier and more desperate this time.

"Go," she whispered, "It sounds important and I need to get some sleep anyway," she forced a smile on her lips.

Theo smiled and wiped a tear from her cheek, "I'll be right back-I promise,"

Amara nodded and laid down on her side, clutching the pillow under her head tightly and pulling her knees up to her chest. Theo placed a kiss on her forehead from behind her and hurried down to his father.

As Theo arrived at the top of the steps he gasped. His eyes widened and he ran down the stairs, almost falling.

"What happened?" he exclaimed, arriving at the bottom, hurrying to the body laying on the floor. His mother's head laid in his father's lap. She didn't move, same as his father.

Theo panicked when his father didn't speak for a whole minute, "We need to get her to the hospital father,"

He nodded, "She passed out- she," Mr. Nott's breathing quickened and his hand trembled, "Help me bring her to St. Mungo's,"

Theo nodded hectically and helped his father pick her up bridal style and Theo apparated all three of them away.

______