Chapter 19

Nineteen
________________

Draco did what Amara wanted and left her alone. With them not talking, nor exchanging one glance Pansy calmed down again.

Once more brushing it off as a product of her imagination. The things your mind can convince you of if you just continue to repeatedly tell yourself that.

Even the most obvious things can be ignored like that.

Everyone continued their lives, everything was fine. No one could have imagined the darkness that follows this school year.

Even if a few knew about the things that were cooking beneath the surface they still didn't think it would set their world on fire. But for now, their lives continue to be like they know it.

The school year was almost over and the third task is just around the corner.

"Who are you talking to?"

Draco spun around quickly, her green eyes spotted a beetle flying away from his palm,

"No one," Draco muttered.

"I heard you talking to someone" Amara folded her arms in front of her chest.

"Why are you here? If I remember correctly you begged me to stay away from you"

"I did not beg you" Amara rolled her eyes, "I'm leaving"

"You don't have to leave," the blonde said and came closer, stopping next to her. He took a deep breath, inhaling her scent. A small smile appeared on his lips.

"I missed you" he whispered so silently that Amara was unsure if she heard him correctly. Her cheeks turned in that familiar shade.

Amara sighed, what she was going to say next was not what she wanted to say or what he wanted to hear but she shoved the feeling down,

"Pansy was looking everywhere for you"

"I was busy"

"let's go back then.." Amara turned around and started walking after a few steps she stopped and turned around, "oh and Happy Birthday" she smiled.

Malfoy caught up with her and they continue to walk back to the castle together.

"I know it's you!" someone shouted quickly stomping out of the castle, directly walking towards Draco and Amara.

"I don't know what you're talking about Potter"

"All this crap Rita Skeeter is writing, it's you! You're telling her!"

"and how is he supposed to talk to her all the time? None of us left the school grounds in months"

"Shut up, you annoying brat,"

"Harry just leaves it," Hermione said, who just came after Harry.

"Don't talk to her like that or you'll regret it" Malfoy spat, clenching his jaw. He clenched his hands into fists just waiting for Potter to give him a reason to remodel his face.

Harry was unimpressed by Malfoy's threatening tone. He was more surprised that Malfoy was so protective of her.

Draco was standing in front of Harry, looking down at him — still, Potter was unbothered by his threatening composure.

Now Amara was standing behind the blonde, with her arms folded in front of her chest.

"How come you defend her more than your own girlfriend?" Harry teased and raised a brow.

"Let's leave," Amara said and grabbed Draco's upper arm. She was not in the mood for the things that would follow.

"Where is all your sass, Amara? Is that mouth of yours too busy with your boyfriend's dick?"