Chapter 41

Forty-one
_______________

They walked out of the sitting room and up the staircase across from it. It parted, one staircase going to the right and the other to the left,

Draco went left and Amara followed him.

When they arrived on top they walked down a long corridor with many doors until they came to halt and Draco pressed the handle down revealing a room that looked exactly like Amara imagined it.

It was a large room with dark floorboards and a high ceiling. Across from the door was a large window front with a glass sliding door leading to the balcony.

The night was gloomy and the moon shone through the windows illuminating the room in a mysterious light.

On the right side was a large king-size bed with emerald green sheets and matching pillows. Opposite the bed were two doors.

"and what's behind these doors?"

"Bathroom," Draco said, walking over to the left door and opening it, "and my wardrobe," he opened the other door, revealing a long and small room full of clothes. Mostly black and suits as far as Amara could tell.

"Your room is almost as big as my whole ground floor," she teased, knowing she was exaggerating.

"It's nice" she added and wrapped her arms around his waist. Draco hugged her back, placing a kiss on the crown of her head.

"You want to take a shower? or a bath?" he asked

"A bath would be nice," Amara mumbled into his chest.

"I'll make you one"

__________

Amara was laying on Draco's bed -flipping through a book she found on his bedside table.

"It's ready," he said, coming back into the bedroom.

Amara closed the book and hopped off the mattress. She slid her hands around his waist and gave him a tight squeeze, "Thank you," she whispered into his warm chest.

It was safe, it felt good and warm. The scent of mint and pinewood filled her nose —making her heart flutter.

Amara smiled into his chest,

"If you want..you could-could join me," she mumbled her head still laying on his chest —inhaling more of his scent.

"I-," he cleared his throat, "You don't have to do this... you... it's okay,"

Amara smiled. She found it adorable that he couldn't find any words, that he started stumbling over his own words.

He always had something to say, always making some comment and now he didn't know how to form a proper sentence.

"It's alright... if-if you don't want to..." she slowly detached her body from his.

He stopped her by taking her face into his hands,

"Of course, I want to... I-I just don't want you to feel like you have to- to do this if you're not ready," his fingers pressed against her skin,

"I want to and I-I am ready," she smiled weakly, "I'm not something broken that needs to be fixed,"

"I know.." he whispered, placing a kiss on top of her head, "I know,"

He took her hand and led her into the bathroom. It was already steamy from the heat of the water.

It smelled like him —like mint, mixed with something rosy from the bath.

Amara slowly slid the zip of her dress down and let it pool to the floor —leaving her in the laced underwear she put on this morning.