Chapter 86

Eighty-six
____________

Amara had never travelled anywhere outside of Great Britain. The farthest she went in her life was Hogwarts. All her summers were spent at the beach down south but never outside of the country she lived in all her life.

Now she stood with a small suitcase in one hand and her handbag over her shoulder at the King's Cross Station. Amara knew she wouldn't make it out of the city without her parents knowing if she used wizard transportation, so she decided to take a muggle train down south.

Because of the time she spent down there during her summer holiday Amara knew witches and wizards frequently used this town to apparate back and forth between Great Britain and other parts of Europe. So this was the first place for her to go.

With a deep breath, she boarded the long train with the words Bournemouth. Walking through the train Amara quickly found an empty compartment, hoping to avoid all human contact. After passing a few compartments she found an empty one.

A sigh left her lips as she fell into the black leather and her stomach tumbled when the train started moving a couple of minutes later.

Her mind went through every step she had planned the night after Draco told her where her aunt went. At least she had to try and find her cousin if she survived. Amara had the feeling it was the only right thing to do after all the harm her father caused. Someone had to do something.

Amara had explained it all to Pansy and after Parkinson tried to convince Amara to take someone – anyone with her, she finally agreed and let her leave. Pansy told Amara all about Paris – the first place Amara was planning to go.

"Good Morning Miss, your ticket please" someone ripped her out of her thoughts. It was a cubby-looking man in a uniform and realisation hit her. She didn't have a ticket. How could she forget her ticket?

"My ticket? Right," she mumbled, reaching into her bag. She pretended to search for her ticket while she grabbed her wand and pointed it at the man at the door.

"I don-"

"Imperio," Amara said firmly.

"Thank you, Miss- Farewell," he smiled and let the door slide shut again.

Amara fell back into the leather and sighed, "Colloportus," she whispered, making sure no one would disturb her again.

Her head fell against the window, watching the landscape go by and the sun rise further. She left as early as she could. Pansy was still asleep when Amara tip-toed her way out of her house. Travelling this way, Amara knew it would probably take her the whole day.

Soon the train slowed down and Amara clutched onto her suitcase tighter. She slowly stepped out of the train, thinking about the place Pansy told her about.

It was risky to apparate to a place she had never been to herself but Amara didn't know what else to do. She only read about travelling far distances the night Draco told her about her aunt and cousin.

None of the books she studied told her anything about how to get to France fast and undetected, so she asked Pansy where to go and how she always left the country with her parents.

Loads of wizards travelled by apparition over the sea because the jump was small. Amara had to try.

She focused and whispered the words that would make her vanish. Everything twisted and turned inside her, letting nausea rise in her stomach until she felt a hard ground beneath her feet and opened her eyes, reading the words 'Amsterdam Main station' in front of her.

Another train for her to take, another long journey ahead of her.

______

As the sun set the train slowed down at her final destination – Paris.