Chapter 30

Thirty
__________________

Amara and Draco walked around the corner bursting out in laughter.

"Just imagine her face if she had come three minutes earlier," Draco laughed,

"We would have gotten detention till we graduate," Amara laughed, leaning with her back against the wall.

Their laughter quieted down and she sighed with a smile —looking at the blonde Slytherin.

She felt like they could be happy, make all the pain she felt and the pain they caused worth it.

Draco placed his hands on either side of her head, admiring the emerald of her eyes.

He loved them, the dark green that got lighter around the pupil with a small chocolate brown spot in her right eye, next to her pupil.

Something he could just see when he was this close to her — when his nose was brushing hers. Then he was able to examine every single detail of her eyes, no matter how small.

Emerald green would forever be his favourite colour.

Draco loved her eyes and Amara loved his. The way they made her heart skip a beat every time she looked at them, the way they always soften when he looks at her, the way they made her feel safe.

The intense stare of the blonde made her cheeks flush, the heat inside her feeling like a fire. A comforting fire though, like sitting in front of the fireplace in the common room during cold winter days.

Draco pressed his lips on hers, his hands snaking around her waist, pulling her close. Amara's hands, holding onto his biceps.

His soft lips, his smell, his touch. It was all over her senses, overflooding her nerves.

"Hmm, hmm," someone interrupted.

Their heads snapped to the side.

"It's past curfew, you shouldn't be out," Pansy growled, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"We had detention with McGonagall," Draco said, annoyed.

"You are supposed to go straight back to the common room, you are no prefect Amara you can't be out after curfew,"

"We go," Amara said, grabbing Malfoy's arm in the attempt to start walking but he wouldn't move.

"I can be out all I want," he spat.

"But your girlfriend can't,"

The word girlfriend made Amara's heart stop and her eyes focused on Malfoy —trying to read his expression. They haven't clarified where they stand yet.

Draco however didn't deny it —partly because this would spare him the talk with Amara about it and partly because he knew it would hurt Parkinson if he just went along with it.

"What do you want to do, take house points from your own house?"

"Maybe another detention would do,"

"Let's just go," Amara whispered but Malfoy wouldn't let her do that, he won't give in to Parkinson behaving like a bitch just because she is jealous.

"Give her detention then," he stepped closer, " and then I can fuck her on a table again- perhaps the one you sit at," he smirked, wickedly.

Pansy's lip started to quiver. Draco could see the tears in her eyes, threatening to breakthrough.

"Draco.. please, let's just go," Amara grabbed his hand and Pansy noticed it, making her heartbreak all over again.

Pansy saw how his expression changed when he looked at the girl she used to call her best friend. She saw just by the glistening in his eyes that he never cared about her, he never looked at her the way he looks at Amara.