Chapter 5

3rd Pov

Blood. That is what has greeted each of the soldiers of the Crusade woke up to. Their Heroes lifeless on the ground, one without a head and the other cut in half.

What surprised them the most however is the silver haired man standing over those corpses. His face that of disappointment and a frown is present.

No one dared move as they can feel that if they do, not even a blink and they all die. Sweat started to cover them and the obvious shaking of their bodies can be heard thanks to their armor.

Vergil: I see that all of you has awoken. I'm impressed, usually they stay unconscious for weeks if exposed enough.

Vergil moved to better face the soldiers, while they themselves moved a step back in fear.

Vergil: I'll give you two choices. One, is to leave your weapons on the ground and surrender. The second, is to die like the foolish maggots you all are.

No one dared to answer, except for one of the many Generals that joined their Crusade.

General: Don't let this Demon's words sway you men! Charge and fight for the Chief God! Eliminate this taint off this sacred world!

As if they have all been triggered. Each men drew their weapons and charged Vergil.

Vergil: Fools indeed.

In an instant, heads were separated and barely a quarter of the soldiers are left. No one knew what happened, but all they could say is that only a flash of steel is what they saw. If they survive this encounter.

Vergil: I must say, your General is rather biased. Now then, I suppose delaying things would help. Once again I ask, lay down your weapons and surrender, or die.

The remaining men looked at each other before one dropped his sword, the rest then followed and took off their helmets.

Vergil: Good. Follow me and behave. I'd rather not bloody the village walls.

Over twenty-five men entered the village gate, all heads are low and avoiding eye contact. Vergil then gathered them in the village square and started a conversation with Siel, who told Vergil that she is technically the village chief.

Vergil Pov

Vergil: So, what should you do with them?

Siel placed a hand under her chin.

Siel: We could definitely use more workers within the construction business, that and we are lacking firepower with the village defences considering many of the men here are good, but not good enough.

Vergil: I see, well then. I'll be back at the Tavern.

Before I could leave, I felt someone grab onto my sleeve. I looked down and behind me, to which I found a young Mamono child carrying my cloak.

Child: Um... Thank you... Thank you for saving Papa.

Her lizard tail went stiff as Vergil faced her while crouched.

Vergil: I applaud your bravery in facing me young one. I however, do not need your thanks.

She looked down, rather saddened by my cold words.

Vergil: However, I must thank you for returning my cloak.

She went wide eyed and smiled, before happily running back to her parents with a big grin on her face. Hm, so this must've what I've looked like back when mother and father praised me.

Hm, this is rather unusual for me. But I can see why now, though rather a little bit is a far better sentence.

Siel: I'm surprised that you didn't just kill them all, with how you acted at the begining.