Chapter 32

Vergil Pov

Vergil: A Date?

I resisted the urge to scratch the back of my head. What does spending time together relate to the day? Of course, scheduling is a thing but from what I've seen and heard. This one is different.

*Smack*

I paused and briefly looked around, trying to locate where the sounds of slapping came from.

Meera: Master... Do you not know what a "Date" is?

I raised a brow.

Vergil: Other than what day it is, no. Why? Is there a hidden meaning behind such a word?

Meera sighed heavily. Hm, for someone who has an impressive pokerface, that sigh is too heavy.

Meera: This... This has become a difficult task.

She didn't even hide it. Which I don't mind at all, gives me a reason to try and improve my social skills.

Vergil: Difficult? What has increased in difficulty? Perhaps a few weeks of training should more than suffice.

She groaned. What? Did I say something wrong?

Meera: Master. Remember Valentine's?

I nodded.

Meera: A "Date" is another term for "Court" and when I say we should go out on a "Date" I mean that we should go out, and spend time with just the two of us.

Ah... Maybe I should've read that random "Dating for Dummies" book I found in Redgrave City's library. But with how barbaric it was written, I merely gave it a passing glance and deemed it not important.

Vergil: Sounds redundant. Why waste time going on a "Date" when you barely even leave my side, unless I say so.

A faint shade of pink graced her cheeks.

Meera: That is different... Those times are more akin to being a Professional, than Romantic.

Maybe accepting her feelings was a mistake. I didn't expect this to be complicated. It's more simple to just stab Dante than prepare a trap for him to fall for... Even if it was as obvious as a neon sign.

Vergil: Hm... I admit... This is a first for me. Very well, then I suppose I could learn more about this "Dating" thing.

I can tell she's trying hard not to palm her face. But still, I couldn't be blamed... We didn't even court one another, as she simply went head over heels for me. Not once I tried to court her as I deemed it unnecessary.

Vergil: Should we ask Lilith for some advice?

As much as I'd like to keep Lilith away from me, this is in dire need of a professional.

Time Skip Meera Pov

Lilith: Eeee! A first date! Oh how exciting that is! Though not uncommon. But I would've expected you two to have Dated already.

I sighed.

Meera: No. We skipped a few steps, and this is the result. And apparently, Husband doesn't know what a "Date" is until I explained to him that it is basically "Courtship".

Lilith giggled.

Lilith: Sounds like he's an old man. Which I guess isn't too far off, but to think he's rather Old-school should be obvious enough with how he holds himself.

She sighed, grabbed hold of my hands and held them tight.

Lilith: But enough of that! This situation is indeed in need of professional help! But fret not! I! Lilith The Demon Lord, shall be the professional aid you are seeking! Now! Let's start with the basics!