Chapter 17

Wilmarina Pov

One week, that was all that was given to us by the Chief God to prepare. Yet, commoners, nobles, and military alike all went on like there is nothing ominous in the air.

While of course we were given a warning by my Teacher, Vergil. So it is understandable that they didn't do anything. I myself spent the week to sharpen what I have been taught. Mersé was secretly preparing rations and other things for travel, and Mimil was packing her important tomes and items.

I've already warned many commoners of the impending storm, yet not many heeded my words. But the one I truly wish to be protected is my childhood friend, Francesca.

Ever since she was a child, she and I were inseparable. Along with another whom I used to love. But seeing as fath- no, Priest Noscrim himself ordered him and his parents to be outcasts and once far enough, murder them in cold blood.

I was there when it happened, I was about to warn them but I was too late. Elt and his Parents, were killed with an arrow each behind the head.

I managed to hold myself from screaming but ever since then. I already knew what kind of Father I have.

He will do anything for more influence and power, his Greed first before myself. He even forced me to be a Hero at a young age, yet I didn't go against him. Knowing full well what punishment I will receive.

So for many years, I joined in crusades and expeditions. All the while killing Monsters without any sense of emotion, not even their once human husbands were safe from my blade.

Their children's blood bathed my blade in red. While I myself, slowly lost my humanity. Until I met him.

He defied the current Priest I was tasked on protecting. He even humiliated the Knights that followed my command. So when we crossed blades, I felt his skill and passion flow from his body and onto his sword.

I was beginning to feel emotions once more, as anger exploded from within from his insults. But, it also ignited a once dead flame.

He won our duel, decided to leave without looking back, and never even acknowledged me. So I made it my personal mission to surpass him. So day by day, I resumed my training alone. Going through the torturous methods of improvement, yet once we met and clashed blades again. I lost.

I set aside my thirst for revenge and asked to be his pupil, to my surprise. He accepted.

And so, day by day, he and I trained until I felt my muscles I gained from years of training, crusades, and expeditions. Ache so intense, that after the first day. I wasn't able to lift a hand properly.

Now to the present. I currently am engaged in a sword fight with an High Orc. Normally, I would struggle under her strength, but after what Vergil has pushed me through, I could barely feel her blows.

I kept on parrying and misdirecting her strikes, allowing me maximum stamina conservation.

Her face now an angry scowl from the one of pure battle lust. Which is easier to keep up thanks to her being hot headed. As I parry and misdirect, I allowed many commoners to escape behind my back towards the fountain, where Mimil has erected a powerful barrier.

Mersé herself aided alongside the remaining soldiers, as the rest were taken by the Mamono.

However, an explosion of power has stopped both sides of struggle as the ground in front of the Holy Church exploded. Pavement and rocks rained as both Mamono and Order soldiers dodged and rolled, to avoid getting caught in the sudden rain of solid objects.

All sides cautiously approached the hole that appeared, and even Druella herself came to investigate personally.

She saw me and she licked her lips, I held the urge to shiver even if I know well what's going to happen.