Chapter 6

Vergil Pov

Well, isn't this something?

Merchant: Is something wrong sir?

I shook my head no and pulled a rolled up piece of parchment that is labled "maps*.

Vergil: How much for one?

The merchant inspected the map and rolled it up again.

Merchant: This is the map for only the mainland, sir. However, I can give you another map for Zipangu and a map case made out of leather. But if you're sure to only just buy the map for the mainland, that'll cost you ten gold.

Vergil: Ten gold? Isn't that rather expensive for some piece of parchment with ink on it?

The merchant chuckled in good humor.

Merchant: I would be mad if you weren't correct but it is how things work sir. This is the latest map for the mainland after all. New settlements and villages are popping up and since it's a new model and not much has been distributed.

I nodded.

Vergil: I see, I apologize for such a comment. How much for everything then?

Merchant: That would be twenty, five for the leather Map Case and five for the Zipangu map. Not much has change, if you're wondering.

Vergil: I'll take them.

The merchant nodded and grabbed a leather Map Case from the back. Once he returned, all maps the I bought were stored in said case.

Merchant: Thank you for your patronage.

I nodded and went back to the Tavern, to which I headed straight for my room and gathered my travel pack.

On the table is a large leather backpack, complete with a sleeping back and other basic camping needs. Which I don't really need but I since I was a child, I've always wanted to camp out with everyone.

I then grabbed my cloak, which has been repaired by the Tailor and his wife. Which happens to be an Arachne which I oddly found perfect for the job her husband has.

Wearing said cloak, I immediately then wore the backpack and strapped the map case on my waist.

Vergil: Now then, off to find the reason why I couldn't go home.

I exited my room, locked it, and headed down on the reception.

Vergil: Thank you for your hospitality.

The woman nodded and bowed, which oddly enough is just a normal human.

As I exited the Tavern however, I was stopped by Siel and Ryoko.

Siel: Wait, I though you would stay until the end of the month?

Vergil: Something as urged me to execute my plans early. Something felt amiss while I was battling the Crusade after all, and I'd rather meet it head on rather than being caught with my pants down.

The two giggled at my remark, making me roll my eyes at their rather simplistic demeanor.

Vergil: I do however plan on keeping my promise to return whenever I find something valuable. I'd rather have someone I know evaluate my findings than some random being.

Siel: I see, I guess this is goodbye then.

I nodded, to which the two returned the gesture and waved me goodbye. Hm, now then. Off to wherever I decide to go.

As I exited the gate however, I heard Fumiko call out my name.

Fumiko: Wait! Do you know where you're heading!?