Chapter 29 (Valentine's Special)

3rd Person Pov

Vergil: Valentine's Day... Annoying, but it seems I cannot escape this predicament.

Vergil sighed, hiding behind the shadows of an alleyway within Dragonia, as they have returned and Lescatie is under massive renovation. Watching vigilant the citizens who are ever so busy having their loved ones on a date.

There are some who are only dating one, yet others none, but there are those who are luckier than most, as they have more than three.

But at least, those who have no one to date, can easily find someone to spend their day.

Currently, Vergil is in the middle of avoiding his "Suitors" even if he didn't agree to such terms. But then again, it was a sudden interruption of his plans.

He narrowly avoided the gaze of two Dragons. One holding a Scythe, another with Blue flames.

Vergil: Tch, if Dante and I was switched. I guarantee he'll bask in the attention.

He moved quietly, keeping his steps light to avoid detection. Only to fail miserably when he bumped into Druella of all people.

Immediately, the formerly dominant Daughter of The Demon Lord almost melted at the brief contact the two made. Her legs wobbled, her strength threatening to leave her, but the cold gaze of Vergil kept her from giving in.

In Vergil's perspective, Druella herself had changed. From a normally skimpy dress that barely covered her modesty, to a sundress but fitted to compensate for her wings. Light blue in color, that somehow made her glow.

She quickly composed herself, hiding a box in red behind her back, and tried to keep eye contact, only to fail and to immediately look away blushing.

Druella: Uhm... Good morning, Vergil.

Vergil raised a brow, but since he couldn't find a way to escape, as many Mamono has their eyes on them.

Apparently, they too were taken by surprise by Druella's sudden wardrobe change.

Vergil: Yes, good morning to you as well.

Druella fidgeted, clearly doing her best to not pass out.

Druella: Uh... H-Here. For you.

Without any context at all, she handed him the box. Vergil eyed it for a moment, before realizing it is a box of chocolates. And as an added bonus, under the ribbon, is a folded piece of paper.

Druella: I-I know you don't c-celebrate this occasion. But p-please, accept t-this gift.

She immediately ran away like a young maiden after a confession.

Vergil sighed, almost throwing the box of chocolates along the process. But seeing as many Mamono were still watching him, he resisted the urge.

Vergil: I swear to my Father's name, that if this box of chocolates has an extra ingredient, like how they gossiped. They better pray to whoever God they worship.

Vergil muttered quietly under his breath, pocketing the box of sweets. Though he did remove the letter and read it's content.

The letter contained poetry. It seems his love for Poetry has been confirmed, or rather. V had spilled such a secret with his overly theatrical displays.

He briefly considered the idea of having a partner, but knowing his blood. He'd rather not take a chance.

Vergil: Elementary, but it does serve it's purpose.

He folded the paper yet again, and decided to not continue the game of Cat and Mouse he has been playing, without the knowledge of the other players.

He arrived at the center of Dragonia, where a marble fountain sits in the middle of the Plaza. There he saw Wilmarina, throwing a coin after finishing a wish.