Chapter 14

Vergil Pov

Vergil: Is everyone alright?

The children nodded, except for Meera who has some small wounds.

Meera: There's no need to worry Alpha, these are nothing but a scratch.

I nodded and my gaze found a rather quivering Fotia. The girl must've been traumatized by a similar event, which may be why she is alone and abandoned.

I noticed Meera also looking at her in concern. With a little nudge, I gave permission for Meera to comfort the poor girl.

The older Beastman Mamono then sat beside Fotia and comforted her, the begining is rocky but soon enough. The Hellhound is hugging Meera and sobbing quietly.

They may be a ferocious species, but they still have emotions and feelings. I got outside and sighed, but sensed something amiss. I pulled out a throwing knife I bought to conceal my mirage blades, and shot at a tree.

It hit and the sound of something tumbling down branches came and a small thud.

I studied the thing, it looks to be a floating eyeball with wings. Interesting, so they have something to spy me with. It is a good thing that I teleported inside my room.

The creature then suddenly dissolved, leaving my throwing knife.

Vergil: Curious.

I head back inside and the atmosphere is starting to be less stressful than before.

Vergil: Everyone, did any of the Knights send anyone to report?

Meera: No Alpha, only those five were the ones that dared challenged us.

I nodded at her explanation.

Vergil: That's good. But if anything else happen, I want you all to make use of your Mamono abilities to use. At least until help arrives. As I hate to say it, there is Druella's camp somewhere to our west.

They all nodded except for Topaz.

Topaz: But Vergil!

Vergil: Don't. It is the better option for now. If anything else fails, I will have to transport you to Zagat. At least there is a Mamono friendly zone.

Violet: But Zagat is three days worth of travel to reach! Not only it is a long way to run, but the fact that Order Knights and Soldiers have horses!

Vergil: I'll handle the problem once it arise, Violet. Sasha would agree anyway. So for now, rest and recover.

They all agreed and some went upstairs to sleep off the fear, while Mei decided to calm herself by cleaning anything she could get her hands on. Fotia however, is still on the corner but no longer quivering.

Vergil: Fotia, how are you doing?

She flinched.

Fotia: I-I am fine. Mostly.

That's a start, at least she isn't too hostile.

Vergil: I see. I apologize for what happened to your past.

Her eyes widened and she growled.

Vergil: Don't be hostile now. I can see it in your eyes, your body movements and the shaking you had before Meera comforted you.

She hesitated, but ultimately calmed down.

Fotia: Whatever. It already happened, so what's the point.

I sighed.

Vergil: My point is, you are strong Fotia. Never forget that.

I then went upstairs to rest, even if I don't need it. It helps calm my mind.