Chapter 11

Vergil Pov

Vergil: Slow! Again! Do not hesitate to come at me with the intention to kill! Never underestimate your opponent and make sure your grip on your weapon is firm!

I barked at Wilmarina, who struggles to land a hit on me. Even with her so called "Blessing" as a Hero has little to no aid to her.

Vergil: Always keep your guard up!

I drew Yamato and aimed for her chest, to which she barely parried and used the momentum to try and land a hit.

Vergil: Good! Do not fight against it's momentum, just lead it to where you want to land it!

A bell sounded and we both stopped in our tracks.

Vergil: You have improved, even if it is only a little. For your first day, I must admit, you are quick to adapt to your situation. Now for everyone else. I want you all to improve your speed and strength.

I yelled to which the recruits and fully fledged soldier agreed with a yell.

Wilmarina: How come you never took off your cloak, I've already seen your face. So why not take it off here.

I resisted the urge to sigh.

Vergil: That is because I'd rather keep my image a secret. People may know my name, but never truly know myself. Plus, it adds to the mystery.

She sighed, allowing me to smirk under my cloak.

Wilmarina: Fine, you have your own reasons. Anyway, a close friend of mine wants to have a go with you. Is that fine?

I raised a brow.

Vergil: Is she perhaps the one with the dark skin and an eye patch over her left eye?

Wilmarina: Yes, wait. How did you know?

I pointed Yamato's hilt to the side

Vergil: She is walking towards us.

There enough, the very same person I've just described is walking towards us with a big grin.

Wilmarina: Mersé! I wasn't expecting you to be here, for a moment there I thought I had to bring you here myself.

Mersé chuckled and slung a hand over Wilmarina's shoulder.

Mersé: I was a little curios when you said something about you sparring someone. So I just decided to go.

Wilmarina: Well, that save some time. Anyway, I'd like you to meet Vergil.

Mersé: Well! Nice to meet you too Vergil! Say, you kicked Marin's butt there. Care to have a little spar with me next?

I raised a brow as Wilmarina blushed at being called by her nickname. Although, why am I reminded of Dante when I speak to Mersé.

Vergil: Hm, I suppose another wouldn't be much harm. First blood?

Mersé: Sure! Just don't go crying when I land a lethal strike first.

I smirked, causing Wilmarina to shake in her boots.

Vergil: We'll see about that.

Mersé went first and stood the opposite of me. A soldier then came and brought her weapon of choice, which is a Glaive.

I drew out Yamato and went to my usual and most honed stance, with Yamato next to my head and it's curve going downwards and pointed towards Mersé.

Mersé: First hit that would be lethal wins.

I nodded and Mersé charged as soon as the bell rang. Her confident smile and her Glaive already about to land a lethal strike, I moved. To them I was a blur and by the time Mersé realized she missed. My Yamato was already under her neck.