Chapter 26

3rd Pov

A full moon shone brightly on the clear night sky. It's light acting as a guide for those who dare travel at night.

Five such individuals dared to travel at such a time, except they barely need the light of the moon as on their hands, glowing a bright yellow, is an orb of pure light.

These individuals are Angels, except one of them has two pairs of wings on their backs.

Four of them are clad in silver armor, on their waist, are swords of fine make, and their helmets, beautifully crafted and ornamented.

But the one with four wings wore robes, more akin to a nun but with the addition of a breastplate and hip guards.

On her left hand, a staff of unknown materials displayed proudly with a gem at it's tip glowing brightly, as if ready to cast a spell.

They are tense for a reason. And that reason is the ones who blocks their path towards an abandoned fortress.

Another group of five, except they are unique in their own way.

One of them, a Dragon with orange to borderline bronze scales has both arms underneath her bust, a small scowl present on her face.

Another, a Female Knight. Her dominant hand tightly gripped the handle of her blade.

Another, a Nun. Yet on her hand is a wooden staff and on her waist laid a short sword.

The next two look almost identical, with the only difference is their state of dress. One wore practically a bikini with added straps, the other wore resembling that of a queen.

The four winged Angel stood forward, staff and body ready to respond if there is danger.

Angel: It seems that you haven't aged a day older, Lilith.

Lilith only huffed and crossed her arms underneath her bust.

Lilith: And after all these years, you still desperately try to hold on to the old days... Arleth.

Arleth scowled.

Arleth: If it wasn't for your little stunt! Everything would've stayed as it had been for millennia!

The gem of her staff glowed brighter, while Lilith frown became deeper.

Lilith: And just let my kind be slaughtered for the sake of regaining balance? Unfortunately for you, I grew tired of the same process repeating itself for the millionth time. While your Divine Creations get to live a full life, then die a peaceful death. However, my Mamono before I turned them, had to fight for the right to live, the right to have children, and the right to have fulfilling lives.

Arleth tried to argue back, only for Lilith to continue.

Lilith: And unlike your Father, who died peacefully knowing his Daughter would continue his predecessor's so called "Balance". My Father, the previous Demon Lord, had died in the castle he's built. The castle where I grew up, and the castle I called my home.

Lilith took a breath before glaring at Arleth.

Lilith: Imagine ruling peacefully, while of course, the more lesser Monsters attack human territory. While I understand the need to cull them, but to go far as to kill the very being that keeps them from truly causing permanent damage to the world. Be suddenly invaded by Humans blessed by your Father, to kill him.

Lilith's glare then softened as she took a deep breath.

Lilith: While I may not be cruel enough to outright kill you right now, after all. We are both weakened from our battle before. But unlike you, I have quickly regained my strength.