Chapter 18

Vergil Pov

I glared down at the Mamono currently either cowering or hesitating to approach me.

After my little stunt, their desire to try me has ceased altogether. Druella however, is a different story.

Druella: I need you to come with me.

Vergil: And why would I do that?

Druella: My Mother's colleagues are in danger, especially a Pharaoh. Her kingdom is being overrun by these things.

She pointed at a disintegrating corpse of a Behemoth.

Vergil: Why should I make it my problem? From what I've read, shouldn't she be powerful enough to not be overrun? But then again, Demons don't really care as long as they have numbers.

She became confused to what I referred the Demons that invaded.

Druella: Demons? But that's impossible! Mother turned every monster into Mamono!

I sighed.

Vergil: I'm guessing that you weren't listening carefully if your mother has told you. How disappointing. But I suppose, a mind of a warmonger that thinks forcing humans to become Mamono would bring world peace.

She was about to say something but I threatened her with Yamato.

Vergil: You and your followers think that you are smart, but the one doing the thinking is your crotch rather than your head. Sure, strategizing an invasion which succeeded until they appeared is a somewhat redeeming quality but all in all. You're nothing but a child in an adult's body.

She seethed with anger.

Druella: How dare you insult me! I have the-

I cut her off.

Vergil: The power to level cities and to turn every woman to a Mamono, yes? What else? I've heard that so many times, so much so that I am annoyed on how much pride one can have.

I sheathed Yamato, but my glare kept her in place.

Vergil: I've seen people with great power fall, some are caused by my blade. The others by the other.

I continued without letting her a chance to speak.

Vergil: Demon Generals that could destroy anything they deemed so. Humans that tried to become gods, yet all they became are Demons. And men that sought power only to become mindless slaves.

I stopped, waiting for a reply. None dared to speak, not even Druella who only continued to seethe with anger.

Vergil: But just to clarify. You dared not to fight Proto Angelo and only cowered behind your army. Such foolishness your followers have. A single promise of a husband is enough to bring them to your side. Foolishness, all I see are genocidal maniacs who has no thought of the future.

All of the Mamono looked offended and are about to charge at me, only to stop as I continued.

Vergil: All you think is having a husband, yet you never think about the future of Humanity when all men are Incubus and the women, whatever monster that changed them. Think about it yourself Druella. From the stories I've heard from the Mamono I trust. Your mother bled sweat and blood, burned her skin and took a blade for her weakened husband. Just so there would be peace between Mamono and Human. Yet here you are, adding more pressure to the almost broken bridge your mother painstakingly made.

Her facial features transformed from anger to confusion. I suppose it will take more to get it inside that thick skull of hers.

Vergil: Your mother has created peaceful alliances where both Human and Mamono could live in Harmony, yet you decide to spit on your mother's dream by turning her ideals into something a tyrant would force upon it's people. Now Mamono friendly villages are starting to doubt their Mamono citizens, people slowly fearing them as news of Human settlements being attacked by multiple species of Mamono under the Demon Lord's Daughter reaching their ears.