Chapter 9

Vergil Pov

Meera: Alpha. Why are we going to Order territory?

Vergil: Because we're running out of supplies. Ever since you two tagged along, all of my rations and other things are depleting in triple the speed. Not that I don't like hunting, the spices and herbs needed to actually add more flavor and seasonings are also almost gone with how frequent we are hunting.

Topaz: I like how the boar tasted when you added those spices and seasonings! It became even more delicious!

The child bounced happily as she slithered next to me.

Vergil: Case and point. Once we get near said territory, you two stay on camp while I enter and buy in bulk. I'm not risking getting our resources emptied like there's a famine going on.

Meera: But why Lescatie? It is the city where Heroes are being produced like cattle. Not only that, it's the home of one of the most powerful Hero of the current generation.

Vergil: Hm. I'll be the judge of that, and so far, disappointment is what I get in return.

Meera suddenly moved to my front, halting all movements and moved her head too close for comfort.

Meera: Alpha, are you saying that you e defeated Heroes before?

I sighed and pushed her to the side, to allow us back on our trek.

Vergil: Yes. Now keep vigilant, I haven't ventured through this Forest yet. So I am not sure if there are monsters that are threats in here or bandits.

Silently walking side by side, I couldn't help but wonder what's happening back home. Surely Dante and Nero has everything under control, and from what Dante told me. Nero is already married with this Kyrie woman. I wonder when will they have a spa- child.

Surely being a grandfather isn't all that bad. No, in Nero's experience, I am a bad father. I can't blame him. Hell, I didn't even know I impregnated the woman.

I guess if I do get back, I'll just be a better grandfather and keep Dante from being an influence on my grandchild.

Meera: Alpha, I caught something.

We stopped and I motioned Meera to continue.

Meera: Alpha, we should move. I can smell a large concentration of Demonic Energy to our north west.

I nodded and checked the map. If I'm correct, traveling for two days and three nights should be enough for us to reach Lescatie.

Vergil: I see, we should move north east then. We should already be close to Lescatie, so follow the plan and protect Topaz while I'm gone, Meera.

Meera: Yes alpha.

She nodded and we continued north east to avoid the concentration of Mamono of the west. This is peculiar, reading the encyclopedia. Told me that it is a husband of a Nurarihyon has the ability to create the "Hundred marching Demons". But this isn't even Zipangu. The other most likely reason is that, this could be the Extremist faction that raided Topaz's village.

They are likely planning to take over Lescatie. But why aren't they making a move? Shouldn't their numbers be more than enough to take over? Or perhaps the one who leads them is waiting for something to happen.

Vergil: Now let us set up camp, I can see the walls of Lescatie through the tree line. Since we are much closer than expected because of our early detour, wear these and cover yourselves.

I threw them a pair of cloaks, I have to give Topaz a larger one just so if needed, she could hide her tail. While for Meera, I also gave her a pair knee-length boots and a pair of gloves big enough to fully cover her furry arms.