Chapter 16

Vergil Pov

I frowned as an old man continued to berate her daughter to the wrongs she haven't even done yet.

Noscrim: And what did I tell you about peasants! They're just using you!

I held myself back from cutting down the man right then and there. The fact that we are inside one of the rooms in the church, is enough for me to strike him down, but I still need him.

I adjusted my cloak, which the Priest noticed and glared at me.

Noscrim: Now take this filth off the sacred grounds and never talk to him again! Understood!?

Wilmarina: Understood, Priest Noscrim.

Wilmarina asked me to follow her, which I nodded but glared at her Father. He froze like a deer in front of a car.

Once we were out of earshot, Wilmarina apologized for her Father's behavior.

Vergil: It is fine Wilmarina. I may not have any experience with that kind of parent, but he is certainly is an asshole.

Like I'm the one to talk myself, but let's not compare myself to him. He's much too tame compared to me. Why am I making this into a competition?

Vergil: Ugh, I am certain that growing up under him is punishment enough.

Wilmarina giggled and sighed sadly.

Wilmarina: You have no idea.

Vergil: I suppose I'll be continuing to rely on Miss Fullmoon for more.

At the mention of Sasha. Wilmarina slightly frowned but quickly gathered herself.

Wilmarina: I can be of help. With my status as a Hero, I can pretty much go wherever I want.

Vergil: Very well, I'll rely on you as well then.

She smiled, as if getting an upper hand.

We walked outside the church, Wilmarina being greeted by both the common folk and soldiers alike. Occasionally, a Noble would also give his or her greetings to Wilmarina.

We arrived at where Mimil and the others are recovering. Mimil herself now sported bandaged around her left arm and left foot, as she herself told us she has dislocated her foot.

While her healing magic is potent, proper rest is still needed as it requires Mana to cast. Which in turn, exhausts her.

Vergil: How are you doing Mimil.

She flinched when I called her name.

Mimil: I-I'm doing mostly fine now, Sir.

I frowned slightly.

Vergil: I hold no status to be called as such Mimil. Just call me Vergil.

She seemed to release some tension at my comment.

Vergil: I have heard that you're the most powerful mage within Lescatie. For a child such as yourself, it is impressive.

She frowned, it seems she has bitter memories of the topic.

Mimil: Yes, though it did take a me a moment to memorize certain spells.

I sighed, placing my hand on her head and rubbed it.

Vergil: It must be difficult, having your childhood taken away from you at such a young age.

She is surprised at my action, and the fact that someone actually pitied her.

Mimil: Why, why are you doing this?

Her eyes watered, as she refused to believe some stranger cared for her wellbeing.