Chapter 15

Vergil Pov

I parried an arrow that looked like it's nothing but a molten tip crudely attached to a burnt twig.

Loud footfalls suddenly came from behind me and I had to parry another arrow.

Another arrow flew and this time, I unsheathed Yamato. Cutting through the arrow and split it to two.

The trees parted way as something large barrelled between them. With it being high noon, the creature's obsidian black chitin shined and it's red bloodthirsty eyes all found their focus on me.

Demon: Son of Sparda.

It raised it left hand and a bow of the same color and chitin make formed from it's palm.

Demon: Die.

Traitorous Bow, Orion.

For a Demon, it doesn't have that much enthusiasm in killing me.

It pulled back the string, creating the same arrow as the three before. It's string strained as Orion pulled it to its maximum tensile strength.

Orion released and I decided to dodge the incoming projectile.

The ground where I used to stand on exploded with enough force to break trees that are a few meters away from the impact zone.

Orion charged, using it's bow like some sort of club to hit me with, but for a Demon it's size, it's speed is commendable.

He roared after I dodged another strike then backed off. This time, he pulled and five arrows formed on the bow. He pulled and fired, the power is certainly less but the projectile speed is still the same.

But for me. Each arrow is parried. I took charge and performed a Rapid Slash, cutting his abdomen, legs, and arms. But being a Boss level Demon, as Dante would call them. It regenerated but the fatigue is still there.

I then performed a Stinger with Yamato, hitting him on his center, then pulling Yamato to the side. It roared in pain, but retaliated with a fist on my former position.

His body then began to release heat. His chitin slowly glowing red as his eyes and mouth dripped with lava.

I glared my Demonic Energy, forming an invisible barrier around Yamato and myself as Orion pulled back the string on it's bow.

The arrow this time is purely made out of magma, it's heat string enough to light the trees nearby and once released, it flew straight and true.

I blocked the arrow, splitting it in half. While Orion roared in pain as a blue silhouette of mine stabbed it's own Yamato on its back.

My Doppelganger then proceeded to perform rapid and precise strikes on its back as it tried to shake it of. Normally, my Doppelganger would be an image of my Sin Devil trigger, but this time. It is a see-through copy of me in a shade of electric blue.

I performed another Rapid Slash to close the distance and drew out Mirage Edge. Performing a Million Stabs and an Upper Slash to send Orion flying.

I Trick Jumped towards it and performed multiple Arial Raves with Yamato, juggling it mid air.

As I finished my last strike, my Doppelganger appeared over it and performed a downward slash, sending Orion plummeting to he ground and bouncing slightly. With Orion down, and my Doppelganger performing multiple combos on its downed body, I summoned my Mirage blades and fired in a rapid rate. Turning Orion's back into a pincushion.

I dispelled my Doppelganger and summoned Beowulf. I then Trick Jumped again to regain a bit more height before allowing gravity to take hold of me and turning me into a blue meteor.