Chapter 19

Lilith Pov

High Orc: Yes your Highness, indeed we have found this so called son of Sparda.

I frowned after hearing what I thought was just some rambling of a demented creature. But it seems my fears are not unfounded.

Lilith: Then why isn't he here, I have clearly told Druella to bring him to me.

The High Orc hesitated.

High Orc: Your Highness, about Druella.

I raised my brow.

Lilith: What of it?

She nervously swallowed the lump in her throat.

High Orc: When she returned. She hasn't responded to her sisters or anyone, in fact. When I saw her, she seemed to be in a state of unresponsive and dead state of being. Like she has been drained of all energy.

I grew concerned, to which I dismissed the High Orc and directly visited Druella's room myself.

Lilith: Druella? Dear, open the door.

No response.

Lilith: I'm opening the door.

No response again. Once I did open the door however, I found her room to be in such destructive state that it almost resembles a magical fallout has devasted the place.

I scanned the room, and finally found her form under her sheets on her bed.

Lilith: Druella, dear. Are you alright?

She didn't respond. I sighed and pulled the covers, and much to my surprise. Her usually bright face looks hollowed and at the same time, disturbingly red.

Her slightly crazed and wide eyes were shaking until both orbs found me.

Druella: M-Mother?

I was about to respond when she immediately tackled me. Luckily, it felt like she has lost a bit of her strength.

Druella: Mother, help. I don't understand. Is it true that I'm ruining your work?

Surprise came blooming within me, as Druella continued to squeeze me.

Lilith: What do you mean by that Druella?

Druella: Is it true, that what I am doing is unprogressive and genocidal? I only wanted to bring world peace, and unite everyone. Then why did his words gave so much sense that I couldn't help but start questioning myself.

Relief swelled in my chest, it seems I should thank whoever this Son of Sparda for finally opening my daughter's eyes to her actions. I know I should comfort my daughter but this had been coming for a long time now.

Lilith: It's alright, I'm just happy that you've finally realized that what you have been doing is counterproductive to our ultimate goal. Of course, you returning safe and sound is even better.

Her hug tightened. I suppose she is calm enough to finally speak properly.

Lilith: Now then, what happened back at Lescatie?

She released her hug, allowing me full view of her now calmed being.

Druella: W-Well, everything went as planned. But then the things you have warned me about, they arrived and almost ruined everything. Then, then he came.

I raised my brow, not knowing what she meant by that until a huge blush formed on her face.

Druella: He arrived from this blue portal. Mamono and Humans alike stopped to stare at him as the creatures themselves fully paid attention to his being.