Chapter 27

3rd Pov

Vergil immediately performed Rapid Slash to cull the front lines, all the while Griffon rained lightning all around them, Shadow targeting the long ranged Demons, and Nightmare pummeling the Berserkers.

Vergil then swiftly beheaded an Empusa Queen, before Trick Dodging a Riot and sending a projectile back to a Baphomet. He then used an Upper Slash on a Fury, before performing the second Aerial Rave combo and using Mirage Edge to send it back down with a Helm Breaker.

He then Tricked back, performed an Over Drive, and quickly using Void Slash before simultaneously repeated a series of Perfect Judgement Cuts.

Griffon: Vergil, I'm sitting this one out!

Griffon yelled as he felt himself get weakened further from using too much Demonic Energy.

Vergil nodded, before rushing back in with another series of Rapid Slashes before summoning his Doppelganger and switching to Beowulf and performed a Kick 13.

Shadow then roared before becoming a pool of darkness and merging itself into Vergil, his coat's markings glowing electrical blue as Shadow disappeared in his shadow, which Nightmare then followed after firing it's Laser attack.

Griffon however, flew back to the group. Landing next to a smiling Meera.

Griffon: Ah damn it, for someone of my Caliber I still need to leave most of it to Vergil.

Lilith raised a brow.

Lilith: What do you mean by that? As his Familiar, shouldn't you be able to just fight for a longer period of time?

Griffon stopped grooming his feathers.

Griffon: Well yes, but my attacks not only drains my own reserves from passively absorbing from Vergil, but also drains Vergil's stamina just to resummon me back to a fight. Plus, I currently have a much more important mission than providing support. And that is to be an aerial scout for possible villages that is being attacked by Demons.

Deonora: If he had said so, I could've sent out Wyverns to scout for him.

Griffon chuckled.

Griffon: No offense Your Highness, but Vergil and I have a mental link. Which means, I can immediately give him a visual and reports. Which in my book, is definitely faster than your fastest Wyverns.

Sasha: He has a point there Your Majesty.

Deonora kept silent, but a slight pout is visible on her face.

Griffon: We should move back.

No one questioned him, but the Angels were hesitant before following them behind cover in the form of ruins.

They watched as Vergil powered himself up, his chest glowing electric blue as the space around him distorts and seemingly being absorbed by him.

He then switched to Beowulf, and raised his clenched fist up, before the ground started to fracture and pieces of it floated up.

Vergil: Rest. In. Peace.

Vergil punched the ground with Beowulf, and the resulting explosion of power almost dragged a few Angels away if not for tucking in their wings in time.

Even with a great amount of distance between them, the shockwave left their hair in chaos and the Angels in shock. Even Arleth couldn't keep her mouth closed from the sheer power Vergil just used to dispatch his enemies.

Griffon: Still willing to antagonize Vergil, girl?

Griffon mocked Gabriel, who couldn't only stare at Vergil with frozen shock.