chapter 3

another biker climbed up onto the sidewalk, and was trailing behind me and Blue. I kept my hand on Blue's shoulder protectively. thankfully, it looked like the rest of them stayed back and watched. we were still five minutes away from the house.

"ooh, is this the silent treatment? come on, I know you want to ride this," he said smugly, pointing to his lap, making the guy behind me laugh. he sounded like a hyena.

my hair was already soaking wet, and my shirt was sticking to my body, showing my physique.

please Jesus, keep me safe. I CAN'T DO THIS.

"leave her alone!" Blue growled, glaring at the guy beside us.

my eyes widened. I opened my mouth to apologize for him, but bit my tongue. we weren't going to apologize to nobody. I grit my teeth and braced myself.

oh, Blue.

then, another one of them stopped sharply in front of us, cutting us off and stopping us. the sound of pouring rain drowned out my thudding heartbeats. I forced myself to look at them in the eye.

"this little guy is doing the talking for her! wow, I'm impressed," the one behind me snickered. "and lemme just say, she kinda look good from the back."

"and from the front too," the one in front of us smirked.

my ears heated up and my skin prickled. this is why I stayed inside!!!!! I discreetly made a plan in my head: I was going to topple down the weakest looking one and take their bike. yes. that was the plan.

"tch," I was annoyed. first I see my crush unexpectedly, then the rain, and now this? maybe it was the universe's way of saying that I should've been in school today.

"what was that? I didn't quite hear you," the one beside me provoked. he made the mistake of leaning over and turning his ear towards me.

"what I meant to say was," I grinned at Blue, mouthing watch this! to him. he smiled back at me and backed up to let me do my thing.

I threw a quick punch to the guy's turned face, hitting him square on the nose - which was my specialty. I heard the satisfying sound of a bones breaking. a laugh made it's way out of my mouth.

he yelped and flinched back, holding his nose. bright red blood trickled down his chin. his eyes widened, his brows furrowed in anger. "you bitch!"

the other two stared at him in shock, their eyes wide. it was priceless. I cracked my knuckles, ready for some more action.

"aw, you seem hurt. need help?" I taunted, a sneer stretching my lips.

"what are you two gawking at? get her!"

the two immediately scrambled off their bikes, but paused suddenly in their tracks. the colour drained from their faces. I looked at the one behind me in confusion, realizing that he was glancing at something off to my side. Blue tugged at my damp shirt.

"oh I meant get her as in.. get her an... umbrella?" the one I punched stammered. he had one hand to the bridge of his nose, and his back was straightened. the other two guys looked like they were about to piss themselves.

huh? who's he talking to?

I whirled around, my eyes widening. a tall guy, maybe around 6'1, was standing on the sidewalk with his hands in the pockets of his large jacket. his face showed no emotion and his eyes were dark. my feet felt frozen to the ground.

he shook his head, removing the fitted hat he wore, exposing his long blonde hair. he ran his fingers through it, and I caught a glimpse of something black on the side of his clean shaven scalp. he was the one from before.