chapter 32

me and Ryuguji left Hanma's apartment after cleaning up our mess on the couch (because we aren't dogs) and stealing a few items from the groceries on the table. I also didn't forget the rice cooker.

I wasn't about to let Hanma kidnap me without disrespecting his home and robbing him in return. but hell no, we were far from being even.

but now I stood in front of two brothers out of the four in the foyer of our small house - Ry behind me, of course. I glanced around, seeing deflated balloons in the corner along with a 'happy birthday!' letter string hanging by one end on the wall.

"holy fucking shit," Red's mouth dropped as he got up from the couch. he didn't bother to pause the first player shooter game on the tv.

Alani turned from his spot on the couch and gaped at me. "Violet?" he blinked as he got up.

the both of them looked as exhausted as Ry did, and I wanted to cry again. it was so good to see them.

"surprise," I laughed weakly. "I hope I'm not too late to my own party?"

"Violet!" my two brothers exclaimed at the same time - Red jumping over the couch - and rushed to barrel me into a tight hug.

"you're alive!" Red whooped and ruffled my hair.

"you look like shit!" Alani laughed, but the big grin on his face told me that he was glad I was back safe.

"you look like shit," I retort with a big smile.

"Vi...?"

my two brothers stepped back, revealing the eldest in the family as he stepped in from the hallway.

Jack looked the worst out of all of them, with red rimming his eyes, his cheeks more hollowed out than usual. his hair was unkempt, and his facial hair was actually visible. he looked about ten years older the last time I saw him.

"did you get even skinnier?" I wrinkle my nose, trying to mask the mist that formed in my eyes. "you look homeless, bro."

Jack reached me in a few long strides and wrapped me in a warm hug. we didn't say anything as we hugged each other to the point where our ribs would've cracked.

"what dat smelllll?" I said as I got a whiff of something that tickled my nose.

we pulled back laughing, the both of us wiping away our tears. Jack sniffled, overcome with emotion.

"I was so worried about you."

"so worried that he couldn't bring himself to shower, apparently," Red shook his head. "even Yuzuha couldn't even get him to shower."

Alani snickered.

"yeah, Ry found me, actually," I motioned to him. he gave me a small smile. "and we took some of Hanma's stuff, by the way."

before I turned back to face Jack, a smaller body ran full force into me with a delighted squeal.

"Vi!"

I looked down in surprise, seeing messy black hair and big eyes peering up at me happily as he hugged my hips.

"aww Blue! I missed your cute face," I gushed, crouching down to give him a tight hug. he giggled. "did you miss me?"

"yeah," he replied, hugging me back and almost choking me.

"where's the jackass that caused the problem?" Jack's stern voice brought me back to the present. Blue stopped hugging me to look over at him.

this wasn't a discussion for kids, but fuck it.

"Takeomi is handling things right now at the shop. Senju is also there. if they need backup, they have brahman," Ry replied, setting down the bag of things we stole onto the table. he leaned against it and I came to stand by his side. he quickly pressed a kiss to the side of my forehead.