chapter 14: ATERNATE CHAPTER

A/N: GOTTDAMN I THINK I NEED TO GO TO CHURCH AND PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS AFTER WRITING THIS ONE
pls do not read if you're a younger person😭

the next few weeks, I went to school normally without skipping any of my classes. my brothers were actually surprised and started to keep their eyes on me out of worry.

there wasn't anything to be worried about, though. but I have been more quiet that usual. and not to mention, I've also been trying to avoid Draken as much as possible. thankfully I haven't really seen him at all.

his first love, huh? how am I supposed to replace a girl who died? it's impossible. it's better if I give up now.
*another Emma reference*

I huffed, blowing a stray strand of hair away from my face. I looked at the clock on the wall, relieved that summer was just a few seconds away. people started to pack up their things, and I followed suit. everyone around me started chatting loudly, excited for the break.

"alright everyone! that's all for this year. I hope you guys have a great summer!" my math teacher called out, smiling at us as the bell rang.

I didn't bother to push in my chair as I left, hurrying down to the parking lot through the rush of excited teenagers.

the blue car sparkled in the sun, hurting my eyes just a little. there he was, leaning against the car, looking as fine as ever.

"hey gorgeous," he greeted happily as I came up to him, his amber eyes gold in the sun.

"hey handsome," I smiled at him, rising up on my toes to wrap my arms around his neck in an embrace.

I felt him chuckle as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, lifting me up off the ground. I giggled, pulling my face back to give him a peck on the cheek.

"you missed," he grinned at me, placing me back on the ground and passionately pressing his warm lips to mine.

I laughed against his kiss as I returned the favour, then pulled away. his smile was soft as he gazed into my eyes, his two toned hair tickling my forehead. he never wore it sticking up anymore, but it was okay because I liked it better like this.

"let's go?" I suggested, running my fingers through his hair.

he nodded, giving me another quick peck on the lips. we released each other and got into the car, him in the drivers seat.

he rolled the windows down to let the heat out, turning up the volume so that music was blasting from the speakers. the base boomed, and I could feel it in my chest.

he quickly pulled out of the parking lot, almost hitting a few kids who were making they way to their cars. I laughed at their annoyed expressions and rested my arm on the door sill, my elbow sticking out, the sun burning my exposed skin.

we sped off. the wind blew through the windows and missed up my hair. Hanma took his hand off the clutch lightly gripped my thigh. we both grinned at each other.

our plan was to spend the whole summer together because I was moving to America with my family soon. my parents had finally made enough money to fully support all seven of us there, including me.

"run through the plan one more time?" Hanma suggested, giving my thigh a little shake.

"okay, so we'll pick up the luggage from my house, and then we're off to that hotel in the city," I said. "Jack will be staying in the room beside us, too."

Hanma groaned. "he'll hear everything! I'm trying to get on his good side here, baby."

"then we'll have to be quiet," I whispered suggestively, my lips grazing his ear.