chapter 11: ALTERNATE CHAPTER

a/n:
this is just another version of the story I wrote a few months ago, idk if I like it but I'll keep it in case some of y'all need the extra entertainment
-

I rifled through the racks, trying to find something that I'd be comfortable with, but all I saw were thin, strappy, and revealing dresses. my lip curled at all of them.

this is the only time I'll be buying a dress.

"Violet! how bout this one?" the pretty ginger came up beside me, showing me a dress that would look good on her, not me.

it was floral and flowy, and I hated it. it looked like something a grandma would wear.

"Hina, I'm sorry girl, it's a no for me," I grimaced.

she tapped her chin in thought as she looked at me, studying my body shape. I wanted to hide between the clothes on the rack.

"I'll be right back. keep looking," she ordered and hurried away.

I had Alani text Takemitchy for me because I needed girl help. none of my brothers would be helpful with fashion advice. I could've asked Mitsuya, but I wasn't that comfortable enough to talk to him about my love life.

I sighed and did what Hina told me. I plucked out something black, but it looked like lingerie. cringing back, I stopped myself from throwing it onto the floor in frustration. how was I supposed to find a dress when I don't even know what to look for?

"here! try these on," Hina said, out of breath, giving me a load of dresses.

we've already been trying to find a dress since 11:30 am, and now it was currently 2:50. this was taking too damn long.

"maybe I should just bail," I grumbled as she led me to the fitting rooms.

"no way! you'll get through this date, and hopefully it won't have to go on anymore, okay?" she smiled at me reassuringly. "it can't be that bad?"

my shoulders slouched. "fine," I sighed, hanging the dresses inside the fitting room, then closed the curtain behind me.

"ooh I'm so excited," she gushed.

I chuckled. "I am not."

I liked how easy it was to talk to Hina. it felt like I actually was making a true friend - who was a girl.

I looked at the first dress; an emerald green spaghetti strap with a side plait detailing. the second dress was maxi velvet dress, but in a pearl beige colour with a high thigh slit. the third dress was a royal blue ruffle tie-back dress, which looked like it would be too small for me. the fourth dress was a teal wrap dress with a tie around the waist. the fifth dress - yes, there's another one - was a  lavender off the shoulder sort of mesh dress.

I ran my fingers through the all the fabric, still unsure about them. but they were cute. I tried on the emerald green dress and slid back the curtain to show Hina. she looked up from her flip phone, her face brightening. "girl, that looks so good. look in the mirror," she said excitedly, waving me over.

"I don't know..." I said, pulling down the bottom of the dress because it kept riding up uncomfortably. my ass felt the air. but I followed her anyway and faced myself in the mirror.

the dress hugged my curves, and exposed a lot of skin. I felt weird wearing it. I liked my baggy clothes.

"okay enough of that. try the other ones," she said, pushing me back into the fitting room and pulling the curtain closed behind me.

I took off the dress and put on the royal blue ruffle dress. once again, this felt too short. it was comfortable because the material hugged my body, but uncomfortable because it exposed my body yet again. I slid the curtain open and stepped out with more confidence this time.