chapter 15

A/N: okay u know what im gonna do? I'll publish two versions of the same chapters, one of them being the main story, and the other one is the alternate okAY??? its like reading two stories at once yayyyyy

but pls let me know if its too confusing and I'll try to stick to one version. it'll be easier for me to do it that way anyway. but as always, enjoy

RECAP (sorry i got lazy) :
- we got Blue back!!!
- but Hanna threatened to hurt our bae Draken so a deal was made
- made the choice to stay away from Draken💔

*unedited pls excuse my grammar if i made any mistakes*
a week had passed since the incident, and I'd barely left my house. I still acted the same around my brothers, though they could tell something was up. they never pushed on the subject, thankfully. I felt like it would be too much of a hassle to tell the whole story. I still thought of it as a joke, though my intuition told me it wasn't.

it didn't help that I was on my period, either.

Ryuguji had been texting and calling and trying to get me to hang out with him, but I'd told him I wasn't feeling that good, that I'd caught a really bad fever and couldn't do anything. he offered to look after me, and it was tempting, but it would've just complicated things even more.

I'd already made up my mind.

the red dress was staring at me from my bed, with a note attached that read 'wear this tonight.' I shivered, imagining all the skin that would be showing from it. my stomach wrenched itself left and right, but I managed to keep the bile down. Hanma couldn't be serious.

I snatched the dress up, its smooth feel a caress against my palms. I kept a leash on my frustrated urges to rip the thing apart and slid it on. the fabric was cool and light, easy enough for me to move on my feet if I needed to beat someone up tonight. trudging to the mirror in the corner, I gazed at my reflection. I almost didn't recognize myself, the slim shape of my body complimented by the curves the dress showed off. it had a draping collar, exposing a bit of my sternum, the red satin shining past the high slit on the side of my thigh, pooling around my bare feet - which I was going to cover up with some basic white shoes.

there was no way in hell that I'd wear the heels he provided, sitting at the foot of my bed still in its box. I didn't move to open it either.

I looked at my tired face, the dark circles around my eyes, the set of my mouth. my hair was down and partly slicked back, giving me a just-came-out-of-the-shower look. I figured that I'd look stunning, if I wiped the scowl off my face. and I wasn't going to do that anytime soon.

without another thought, I snatched my small purse from my bed and stalked to the front door - where my ride was probably waiting - and slipped on my shoes. thankfully, my brothers weren't around to see me off, to question and tease me. I huffed and swung open the front door with so much force, I almost went with it. I stifled a gasp, though my eyes were wide.

"w-what are you doing here?" I stammered, not planning to get caught off guard.

I watched as the dark eyed blonde gazed at me from head to toe, his brows furrowing in confusion though his eyes sparkled. my hand tightened on the doorknob to hide the tremor that went through my fingers. the warm night breeze drifted in, his scent inviting the intimacy I couldn't allow myself to have.

"you look... beautiful, Violet," he breathed, reaching out with a hand, then thinking better of it. his eyes flashed in realization of why I was dressed in such a way.

"Ry..."

I stood still, even if my legs wanted to give out. even if I felt like my breath was being stolen directly from my lungs. but my gaze met his, and it was almost my undoing.