chapter 27

⤳ again, sorry for the wait guys. I'm literally writing this whole story on the spot

⤳ this one's longer than all the other chapters so have fun reading it all LOL

-

"ai, you're all finished," Mitsuya rubbed his hands together and rolled his chair away to admire his work from afar. Kaz also wheeled out of the way to clean up his station.

my forearm throbbed with the after-pain of the tattoo Mitsuya etched into my skin. I looked at Ry lying on the other seat with a nervous laugh, wanting to see his matching tattoo first instead of mine. the blonde held his forearm out for me to see and shot me a toothy grin.

my jaw dropped. I looked at the matching one on my forearm in awe. they were perfect.

"Mitsuya... Kazutora... you guys are talented as hell, what?" I geeked out, hopping out of my chair to compare me and Ry's tat side by side. "it's amazing." my boyfriend hummed in agreement.

my eyes were glued to it, tracing the delicate fins, the curved streamlined body, the contrast of the shading - a koi fish. mine was white with a black spot at the centre of it's head, while Ry's was the opposite. the two koi together completed a circle - yin and yang. the white - mine - representing yang, and the black - Ry's - representing yin.

"word? thank you," Kazutora replied cheerfully. "I'm proud of my work, too."

"so are you guys ready to reveal your surprise tats?" Mitsuya spoke with a hint of excitement in his eyes.

I looked up at Ry and gave him a sweet smile. he grimaced, still unsure if it was a good idea to let me give him a tattoo. it was my first time doing it after all. but I had to say, my hand was pretty steady.

when Ry was doing mine, his experience with ink made me less nervous. he said he wanted to be the one to give me my second tat. his design and everything. I still had no idea what it was, but I knew it was right below my collarbone. though that shit hurt, I didn't care. his extremely focused and handsome face distracted me from the pain. 

"hell yeah we're ready," I said with a wide grin. Ry was going to love his.

"aiii. check it out," Mitsuya spoke, handing the both of us mirrors. Kazutora watched on the side, his lip tipped upwards as he waited for our reactions. "bro, I feel like we're youtubers," the future fashion designer turned back towards Kaz, who shook his head with a laugh.

in the reflection of the mirror, I saw another animal like figure below my collarbone, but longer and more slender... graceful - a dragon like Ry's. but more my style. it looked like Haku in dragon from from spirited away.

it was absolutely perfect.

"Ry... it's... wow," I breathed, at a loss for words. I turned my head to kiss him on the cheek. he was still admiring my tattoo on his shoulder - red from the needle. his mouth was slightly open in awe.

"baby, no way it was your first time. this looks like, professionally done," he said and blinked at the reflection of it in the mirror. "I was wondering why you were taking so long."

"stop, you're just saying that," I chuckled, bending down so I could scrutinize my work.

the lines were a bit sharp around the ears and the face, but I eventually relaxed into it, feeling the flow of the feline body up to the tip of the tail. of course I had to use a stencil or else I'd ruin the whole thing, but it was pretty good. I had to get Kaz to do the whiskers because my hand was cramping by the time I finished the stripes.