chapter 11

AN: I apologize in advance. you'll know what I'm talking about
AND I APOLOGIZE FOR LACKING i was tryna do a hot girl summer but it's not working out like that GFJFJFJJDJD

I woke up to the ringing of the doorbell.

"🐿ʙᴏɪ🐿ᴡʜᴀᴛ🐿ᴛʜᴇ🐿ʜᴇʟʟ🐿ʙᴏɪ🐿"

basically still half asleep, I dragged my blanket over my head to block out the noise. a knock on my door jolted me awake not too long after, and it creaked open. I groaned, tugging the blanket tighter around me.

"Violet," Red whispered loudly. "your boyfriend's here." I heard him snicker and walk away.

what?????

once he was gone, I bolted up into a sitting position. I scrambled out of bed, almost falling on my face, and yanked my door open. I sneaked alongside the hallway, peeking around the corner.

Ryuguji was sitting on the couch, the back of his head visible. Red was talking to him about something random from the kitchen.

I jerked back into the hallway, trying to calm my nerves. my stomach was fluttering. I hurried to the bathroom and quietly shut the door behind me, turning on the lights. in the mirror, I looked like a whole mess. my hair was sticking up in different places, and my face was oily. I quickly washed my face with some of my facial soap, then dried off with a towel.

I heard the sound of unfamiliar footsteps approaching the bathroom. before I could say anything, the door opened suddenly, almost catching the side of my face.

and I already knew who it was.

he peeked his head into the bathroom, that stubborn lock of hair blowing back for just a second.

"so this is where the washroom is-" Ryuguji paused, a look of confusion taking over his features as he blinked at me, obviously not expecting my presence.

I crossed my arms over my bra-less chest. "what are you doing in here?" I demanded, trying to calm down my rapidly increasing heart rate. just him being nearby was good enough to send me into cardiac arrest.

the memory of his sweet tasting lips suddenly flashed through my brain. last night, I tried to make some sense of why it happened in the first place, but my alarm clock was glaring at me to go to sleep. it was around 5:20 am when I went to bed. now it was 9:13 am.

and unfortunately, the adrenaline was still rushing through me.

"I'm trying to use the toilet?" he replied, raising his eyebrow and entering the small washroom. I backed up until my calves hit the cold sides of the tub.

"I mean, why are you in my house?" I whispered harshly, too scared to get close to him in fear of my body reacting like how it did last night.

"oh, yes, I was going to take you out," he said it like it was the most natural thing in the world.

my cheeks flamed as he grinned at me, his cheeky smile increasing the flies in my stomach. I looked at his reflection in the mirror instead because I couldn't bring myself to keep the eye contact.

"why though? don't you have better things to do?"

"nah. I'd take hanging out with you over anything," he beamed. "so get ready. unless you want to be dragged outside in your pyjamas?"

my heart almost stopped for a second. I found myself really liking this demanding side of him.

"you're an ass," I groaned, slipping through the opening under his arm and stepping out of the washroom.