chapter 29

- unedited bc I'm rushing to please u 😫

- SORRY FOR THE WAIT GUYS!!!!!! also the story is almost done WHOOOOO

~

that night, sleep didn't come. I always awoke with fever dreams of Ry, my friends, and my brothers, with plans to escape Hanma. every time my eyes opened, I'd start to cry. my pillow was still soaked with tears.

I didn't know what time it was either, but my room was light. I peered at the shutters as I rubbed my burning eyes. there wasn't any sun peeking through so I didn't know if it was still early in the morning, or if it was mid afternoon.

great.

I forced myself into a seated position, immediately groaning as a stabbing pain made me fold over my knees. my fingers found my temples, trying to ease the headache away. I let out a string of curses. the pounding just got even worse. it even made me forget about the fun time I had when Hanma was so close to suffocating me to death!

the door creaking open made me want to smash my head against the wall. I'd summoned him by accident.

"good morning, gorgeo-"

"leave me alone," I muttered, not in the mood to muster up any anger. not to mention, I had no fighting strength left after last night. a muscle in my neck twitched. I forgot he'd bitten me. like he was marking me as his.

"you don't want me to unlock your handcuffs?" Hanma drawled. "I can cuff you to me instead if you want."

"shut the fuck up," I hissed through my teeth. but my raw wrist screamed, begging to be set free. I kept my forehead to my knees and tried to ignore the pain.

"still as feisty as ever," Hanma let out a chuckle that made my skin crawl. "you need to eat. come on."

I flinched and sat up, trying not to lean away from the obsessed man as he took the cuffs in his hand, turning a small silver key in the hole. every time he got close, I felt like jumping out of my skin. I actually would've if it was possible.

freak ass bitch.

I surpassed a sigh of relief, feeling the cuffs click apart - finally freeing my wrist. I brought it protectively to my chest and looked at Hanma warily. he tossed the cuffs onto the bedside table with a clang before holding his punishment hand out towards me. I looked at it in distaste. ironic.

I had no idea how I found this dude attractive in the first place.

oh right - that dumbass Ry. but I could never stay mad at him. even if our actions led to this exact moment right now, I missed him. I quickly waved away any thought of him before I could start bawling like a child again.

"I made us breakfast," Hanma said, his lips stretching over his teeth in a smile. it reminded me of a wolf ready to devour their prey. I only hoped he doesn't end up devouring me before I managed to escape.

and I didn't even have a plan. maybe some food would be good.

my stomach growled in agreement.

I need to get my energy back if I want to knock out this mf and leave.

"don't fucking touch me," I grumbled and hopped off the other side of the bed.

my headache intensified after one step on the hardwood. I winced and stumbled, bracing myself against the doorframe before I could fall flat on my face. my hand was back to massaging my temples. from my squinted eyes I could see the red and raw skin around my wrist. suddenly, I didn't have the appetite to eat anymore.